PDA

View Full Version : Brushes, turps and a paint tube.

waheednasir
03-08-2006, 04:52 AM
hi there, a simple still life painted in artrage and treated in painter. all visualised, done from scratch using tablet.
went for suggestions rather than putting details, for me its says it all...:).

happy viewing...:wave:.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Mar-2006/64845-BTnT-wc-wn.jpg

Chiers
03-08-2006, 05:07 AM
It says all it needs to! Very nice Waheed.

Yako
03-08-2006, 05:30 AM
I like it!...Hmmmm.....sometimes simplicity is beautiful....:)

Yako
03-08-2006, 05:31 AM
I like it!...Hmmmm.....sometimes simplicity is beauty....:)

Skinny
03-08-2006, 07:40 AM
OOOooo, I do LIKE your stle, Waheednasir! I especially enjoy your color work. What do you mean by, "treated in painter"?

justjean
03-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Your use of less is more is beautiful :thumbsup:

JCoop
03-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Waheed, everything you touch turns to gold in your clutch... your too much!:)

TxAggieDarlin
03-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Looks just like it was done in traditional mediums...wonderful work:thumbsup:

waheednasir
03-08-2006, 01:08 PM
so glad to recieve such a wonderful feedback...:)...sherry, yako, skinny, jean, joel and TxAggieDarlin, thanks to all of u...:). your kind words matter a lot.

skinny, i used painter for some noise, thats it. all painted in artrage.

:wave:.

LadyAlba
03-08-2006, 05:39 PM
I can't believe I have missed seeing this all day!! Waheed...I have to say this has become one of my favorites that you have shown us...beautiful brushstrokes and the colors used say it all! Wouldn't mind having this hanging as inspiration in my little studio. :wave:

del m
03-08-2006, 08:55 PM
U R the master Waheed.Looks like old oil. really nice.

waheednasir
03-09-2006, 02:05 AM
LadyAlba and del m...thanks a lot for such a wonderful feedback...im glad...:).

barryt
03-09-2006, 05:43 AM
Excellent Waheed, a touch of the old masters.

waheednasir
03-09-2006, 01:06 PM
hi barry, thanks for coming in and for the appreciation...:).

omniartz
03-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Wonderful image. It needs nothing! The style is simple and clean!! :)

digistyle
03-09-2006, 11:04 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Nov-2002/notworthy.gif

waheednasir
03-10-2006, 03:03 PM
omniartz and digistyle...i appreciate. thanks a lot...:). digistyle, he says it all too..nice one...:).

Bytemebabs
03-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Waheed? You ARE a master with your paintings! You have given me so much knowledge just by seeing your paintings and also by helping me with mine. So please don't be offended with my question.

The object on "our" right, is that a vase? I am having a problem visually trying to determine what that is. If a vase, my monitor makes it appear to be collasped ... like someone let the air out of a balloon.

I feel SO BAD posting this, but I literally "worship" your paintings and style and I have to ask. Maybe it will help others who may have the same question.
Hugs Waheed and thank you for everything you contribute to this group!

Babs :o

waheednasir
03-10-2006, 04:39 PM
hi babs...good to see u...:). thanks for all that uve written above.
okay, the object at our right, is not a vase...:). its a used paint tube (even mentioned in the Title...:)). and uve righty written "like someone let the air out of a balloon". in this case take it as paint, all squeezed out...:).
and babs, thats completely fine with me u asking that, never a problem for me...:). coz i understand, we all see things differently. plus, i dont think i always paint perfect paintings. so no worries...:).
i appreciate u coming in, as i think u are quite busy these days.
always good to see u...:).

hugs babs...all the best with your work...:wave:.

fugitive
03-11-2006, 03:36 PM
I was trying to make a mix/ palette brush and chalk or oil but no luck. Can your technique in this pic only be done in Artrage?

Bytemebabs
03-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Waheed? I definitely had a "senior momment ... I call them brain farts" If I could learn how to freaken read, I would have caught that in your title. My apologies!

Your artwork so fascinates me, I tend to devour every detail and not always properly. I use your work to learn from and that is why I question your "every stroke". Please realise that this is a compliment and that I just love your paintings!

I am so happy that you are posting more now that you are not so busy. Hugs Waheed!

waheednasir
03-13-2006, 03:26 PM
fugitive wrote:
I was trying to make a mix/ palette brush and chalk or oil but no luck. Can your technique in this pic only be done in Artrage?

i think u can achieve a similar look in painter as well, actually as a matter of fact, a lot has to do with the hand and flow. all the best...:).

babs...thanks a lot for your kind words...u yourself share wonderful stuff that i really enjoy seeing...i like your stuff and your enthusiasm...wish u all the best with your future work...:).

still quite busy with some stuff, but do manage to drop by whenever i can...:).

fugitive
03-14-2006, 04:23 AM
The tube wasn't recognizable as one, she's correct on that.

Chiers
03-14-2006, 11:54 AM

This can be done in Painter and even psp 9 and pspx with the artist tools. What makes Waheeds work so good is not the program, but the knowledge of the person using it! I have to add though that Artrage is fantastic for painterly images.

Waheed, even without your title I would have known with no problem what that tube was. Perhaps that comes from having so many of them in real life.:D

waheednasir
03-15-2006, 01:41 PM
thanks a lot sherry, for every word that uve written...:). i deeply appreciate.

cheers.

Jon
03-16-2006, 12:00 AM
You make it look so easy and I know it can't be so. Another beautiful work, Waheed. thanks for sharing.
Jon

AndieW
03-16-2006, 02:41 AM
Superb! I love the loose style and brushwork

waheednasir
03-16-2006, 01:57 PM
jon and andie...many thanks...:). glad u like it.