PDA

View Full Version : Paper help

fugitive
03-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I would like some papers for Painter 8, The only one that sticks is full of asphalt and cardboard, and not much canvas or WC paper. I have some extra ones, but none is that good, if some one could send me something of only WC papers and canvas. The patch wouldn't take so I guess I'm stuck with it always starting with the defaults. I have plenty of psp ones, but have no idea how to switch anything to .pap.

Jin
03-07-2006, 06:06 AM
Greg,

You can use any flattened image as a Paper. Just open the image in Painter, use Ctrl/Command+A to select the entire image. In the Papers palette menu, choose Capture Paper and give it a unique and descriptive name not already used by Painter. Then click the OK button to save it to the currently loaded Papers library.

In the default Painter.PAP library installed with Painter 8, there are two watercolor papers.

On Painter 8 CD 2, there are many extra Papers libraries in the following folder:

CPainter8CD2 > Paper Textures

In the Painter 7 Textures.PAP library, there are three watercolor papers.

In the Painter Textures 2.PAP library, there's one watercolor paper.

In the Paper Textures.PAP library, there's one watercolor paper.

If my count is right, that's seven watercolor papers that came with Painter 8.

You'll find a collection of 15 Papers to download on this page, provided by David Nagel. I don't know if any of them are watercolor Papers but you might enjoy them anyway:

Weekly Download: Papers for Corel Painter, Series 1 (http://www.creativemac.com/2004/02_feb/features/download58.htm)

Any other Papers that come with Painter versions we can't distribute as that would violate the license agreetment(s).

Maybe someone else knows where there are free Papers librarys to download for Painter, contributed by other Painter users.

Skinny
03-07-2006, 09:21 AM
JIN...You are a real treasure! I'd never even thought about making digital paper. Good directions....:thumbsup:

Jin
03-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Skinny,

Do try it. It's fun and amazing to see how many wonderful textures you can get. I even have some made from my paintings. You can make custom Papers and Patterns out of anything!

Speaking of Patterns, you can scan something or paint something, and save it as both a Pattern and a Paper, or fill a Canvas with a Pattern, then capture it as a Paper.

Gotta go eat some breakfast now, even if I do have to drink green tea with it. :rolleyes:

Have a great day!