PDA

View Full Version : Somebody stop me.

waheednasir
03-06-2006, 06:39 AM
hello everyone...:), here im sharing a joint work of my colleague at work, furkan and myself. it was a ball point sketch that he did, that i scanned and later colored it in photoshop. hope i did justice to it and i hope u enjoy it as much as i did coloring it...:).

cheers.

-sketch (ball pen - by furkan)-
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Mar-2006/64845-SBSM-sketch-wc-wn.jpg

-colored version (photoshop - by myself/waheednasir)-
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Mar-2006/64845-SBSM-wc-wn.jpg

enjoy....:).

anton_van_dort
03-06-2006, 06:47 AM
Very nice. You could have posted this one in the animal and wildlife forum as well!:cat:

Can you explain a little bit on how you created this one? Which application did you use, did you use specific bruses etc?

waheednasir
03-06-2006, 06:59 AM
hello anton van dort...:). thanks for coming in and for all the appreciation. i did this in photoshop, using tablet. no specific brush, just a thin one, normal pen like brush was used. the fur/hair is all done free handedly with that, using tablet. no effect was used.

thanks for the idea for posting it at animal and wildlife forum as well. will do that...:).

cheers.

Mice
03-06-2006, 07:30 AM
That's one funky monkey you've got there! The sketch is really good to start with, compliments to your colleague for that one. Love all the detail you brought into the sketch, the fur looks great! The ground and grass looks really good too!

justjean
03-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Great sketching Furkan :clap: and Waheed your colouring is super but you forgot his teeth :D

Skinny
03-06-2006, 08:18 AM
WAHEED....You are one talented dude, and over such a wide range of styles! Congratulate Furkan, and tell him to stop by and visit with us in the electronic flesh....:D

waheednasir
03-06-2006, 08:28 AM
many thanks to all of u...:).
mice, jean and skinny. i appreciate.
jean...lol. actually, teeth were there, i painted them, but for me, they were making the monkey look normal, i didnt want that and removed them, just to have a more funny toony look. though i did leave a slight impression, just didnt want them clear..:). i appreciate the input.
all your kind words would be delivered to my colleague friend Furkan...:).

thanks to everyone once again.

justjean
03-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Isn't it funny how we all see things different (and thats a good thing :D ) , to me that was part of what made him great :)

jean...lol. actually, teeth were there, i painted them, but for me, they were making the monkey look normal, i didnt want that and removed them, just to have a more funny toony look. though i did leave a slight impression, just didnt want them clear..:). i appreciate the input.
all your kind words would be delivered to my colleague friend Furkan...:).

thanks to everyone once again.

JCoop
03-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Waheed, you and your friend make quite a dynamic duo! This piece is full of charm!:)

LadyAlba
03-06-2006, 01:15 PM
He is such a cutie! I love it! Good job Furkan and Waheed!! :thumbsup:

waheednasir
03-06-2006, 03:58 PM
hello jean, thanks for droping by once again...:).
hi joel...so good to see u after a gap, hope all is well...:). thanks for admiring this.
hi ladyalba, thanks, glad u like it...:).

jhercilia
03-06-2006, 11:21 PM
I love that little guy!
hum...No smoke?

waheednasir
03-07-2006, 12:54 AM
thanks janet. and there is smoke, just above the cigrt. kept it less visible.
:).

Chiers
03-07-2006, 04:23 AM
What a cute character! Great collaberation Waheed.

Yako
03-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Woo...ooo...oW great team work! Love this little cuuuuuuute monkey!..... The sketching is great and love the colors. I want more of this! Invite furkan to participate here, i'm sure he'll love it very much. I hope you do more of this joint work!:) :clap:

waheednasir
03-07-2006, 02:11 PM
thanks a lot sherry and yako...good to have u here...:).

omniartz
03-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Amazing work!! He's great!! So funny! LOL! This is so goodcan't haelp but smile and chuckle a bit! Now you need a storyline and you'd make a great childrens' book!! :)

jhercilia
03-07-2006, 04:35 PM
In my monitor I can't see it, well, concentrating on finding the smoke I can see it very, very subtle, but I thought it was part of the background. LOL

nafa
03-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Love both drawings. I also think that by leaving out most of the teeth, some of the original mischief/wickedness was lost. The bland flat grasses also do not do justise to the superbly rendered fur.

del m
03-07-2006, 08:34 PM
:wave: So vivid,great team effort.Can you tell us which tab you have and how big.One other thing:confused: that crazy oval in the tab,How do you control it ?especially for fine lines.I have a et-0405-u and find control of the oval very difficult Thanks Waheed. Your work is so fine.

waheednasir
03-08-2006, 05:04 AM
hi again janet...lol..never mind...:). i dont know, i shouldve worked on the smoke a bit more...:). i just left it like that, not the focus for me.

thanks nafa, for admiring this...:). on grass, id just say, that i kept all my attention to the character. grass is even blurred. thanks for the input...:).

del m...thank u for the appreciation. im glad...:).
i have a wacom, graphire, a simple one, though it works for me just fine. i dont really get what u mean though. sorry, can u explain it more pls?

:wave:.

TxAggieDarlin
03-08-2006, 10:30 AM
You two work very well together....Love the monkey, he is so cute

TxAggieDarlin
03-08-2006, 10:30 AM
You two work very well together....Love the monkey, he is so cute

waheednasir
03-09-2006, 01:54 AM
thanks TxAggieDarlin...:).