PDA

View Full Version : Smokeyn

K Taylor-Green
03-05-2006, 12:32 PM
I have painted my Arabian, Smokeyn in various poses and guises, usually for a tight likeness and to portray the Arabian breed in a positive light.
This one is strictly for art's sake. I had a judge tell me once, after awarding me Reserve Best of Show, that the reason she had picked it was that it was more than just a good rendition of a horse, it was a work of art.
With those words in mind, I did this one.
12 x 16, Wallis paper, assorted softies and pencils.
C&C welcome.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Mar-2006/41107-Smokeyn.jpg

Mike_Beeman
03-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Wow.... Beautiful painting...interesting composition!

KJSCL
03-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Very nice Kate. Love the background on this one and you've done a great job on the horse.

khourianya
03-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Simply stunning, Kate. This is gorgeous.

Bringer
03-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Hi Kate,

You sure have chosen a difficult position, at least so I think.
But you've managed to do a wonderfull painting.

Regards,

Josť

Fingerpaint
03-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Kate this is lovely, could you send it to me if I send you my mailing address?:D Seriously though, as I am a lifelong horse lover and have 2 horses of my own (hairy cobs not beautiful Arabs), I do appreciate the beauty of horses. This painting is an "emotion stirrer" for sure! Well done you.:clap:

Donna A
03-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Gorgeous dynamics of your composition!!! Wow! Love the flow through the composition----as well is this wonderful horse! All I've got is two little black cats----but----OH, yum, can I enjoy Smokeyn! Thanks! Two artists who work with me own horses and are very active in riding and showing----so I get to hear great things from them. And enjoy our Kansas City American Royal Horse Show! Wow, again! Lovely work! Thanks once more! Donna ;-}

John B
03-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Love it Kate,

It has a wonderful feel, its full of movement and says far more about this beautiful animal than any tight likeness could portray.

Happy painting

John

Artistammy
03-05-2006, 07:14 PM
I do like the flow of horse's pose that makes it seem more art-like. The colors are great.
Tammy

Merriel
03-05-2006, 07:28 PM
beautiful. love the composition.

lierrem

K Taylor-Green
03-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Thanks guys! Wow! Great feedback! We won't tell Smoke though, or I'll never be able to deal with him.
Seriously, I just can't imagine my life without horses, or horse art!

Bhavana Vijay
03-06-2006, 12:29 AM
I think this has to be my favourite horse painting.It conveys so much emotion, beauty and grace.Just lovely!

khemosabi2
03-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Very cool, Kate! Love the pose and colors!

The only thing I would change is the hard contrast between black and white by his cheek bone. That hard, sharp line seems out of place to me in an otherwise soft painting. But that's just being picky! And, if you wanted the hard contrast, then definitely disregard! :)

~Jessa

t-sue
03-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Kate, this is magnificent! The composition has majestic yet almost a mystical quality. And the colors in the white.... WOW!!! Trying to soak it in like a sponge! :D