PDA

View Full Version : Headshot hangover WIP

Mice
03-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Had this idea to start a series of paintings inspired by those horrible headshots you were forced to sit for each year back in highschool. So expect anything but nice, clean, smiley pictures!
The painting isn't nearly finished, but as you can see I got a little carried away with the details early on. I tend to get lost in the eyes and lips when I haven't even finished toning the entire skin part..it's bad I know :p

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Mar-2006/32411-headshot_hangover_progress.jpg

Adobe Photoshop 7.0 with Wacom tablet
tools: hardedge round brush (size and opacity set to pen pressure)

Chiers
03-05-2006, 03:05 PM
This is coming along very nice Michelle! Not bad at all.

Skinny
03-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Excellent, Michelle! Creating a fantasy world is lots of fun...:)

jhercilia
03-06-2006, 12:09 AM
It doesn't really matter where you start to paint. What counts is the end result. It is looking very good.

LadyAlba
03-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Great start on the eye thing I do it too LOL ;o)

omniartz
03-06-2006, 06:41 PM
A good start! I agree that the final product is of import not your process, but it is always interesting to watch the process as it happens!!! :)

justjean
03-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Looks like you have great beginnings and it's not bad to get the eyes in early many, many of us do that :)

Mice
03-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I know the end result is more important then the progress. It's just that i can get myself stuck in details sometimes and loose grip on the whole painting. But this one is coming along nicely.
Here's an update! Smoothed out the skintones, and changed the lips because i felt they diverted too much attention from the eyes.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Mar-2006/32411-headshot_hangover_progress2.jpg

Skinny
03-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Couldn't we have a bit more color on the mouth? It was so epressive with the shine.

waheednasir
03-07-2006, 02:01 PM
nice going mice...:). i like it. a minor minor suggestion:
i see the light is coming from right (her left), so the small centre area just above the lips (just under her nose), will get the highlight on the opposite side. the highlight is on her left part right now, but actually the right part/plane faces the light. hope u get my point...:). and as its a work in progress, u might already have that point in your mind...:).
all the best mice...:).

Mice
03-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Couldn't we have a bit more color on the mouth? It was so epressive with the shine.

Sure, I will work some more on the highlights of her lips!:)

nice going mice...:). i like it. a minor minor suggestion:
i see the light is coming from right (her left), so the small centre area just above the lips (just under her nose), will get the highlight on the opposite side. the highlight is on her left part right now, but actually the right part/plane faces the light. hope u get my point...:). and as its a work in progress, u might already have that point in your mind...:).
all the best mice...:).

I see what you mean! Thanks for noticing, I will fix that!