PDA

View Full Version : I too took the plunge, w/ a new website

rverk47
03-05-2006, 06:39 AM
i would love some constructive criticism on my website..i just started about 5 days ago so its a work in progress..thx for any advice etc your willing to share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.simonsewsetc.com (http://www.simonsewsetc.com)

*Naos*
03-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I think it looks great! The blue and green really work. Easy to navigate!

When I was on the first page of the lampwork catalog, some of the photos were not in alignment for me but perhaps that's my browser. I think your beads are gorgeous but the photos are a bit dark and the backgrounds a little green. I'd like to see a whiter background so the true beauty of those gorgeous baubles shines through. What type of camera and photo set up are you using?

Here's a fantastic tutorial by Lori Greenberg for photographing beads that you could try out:

Digital Imaging For Glass Beads (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/16432/483/)

I use a light tent that I purchased on eBay and I just make sure I have direct sunlight filtering through the sides of it and that seems to alleviate my previous problems with my backgrounds being too dark or orange. That could also work for you...there's tons of things you can try without getting a new camera. :)

Honestly, that is the only issue I can see. Otherwise, I think your site tells people you area fun-loving individual, not afraid of color (which is good for glass) and that you have many artistic interests for them to explore! :D

Am

Susynne
03-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Hi there.....I checked out your website and agree that the photos are dark, background at least. On the about us page there is no left margin, the words were run into the left side of my screen and no way to pan over, I checked.....
I think it's a very nice work in progress...the opening page is informative without being too wordy, and has pictures to grab your attention. I would have liked to see one large photo, say of your best ever or favorite piece, that just opens the site, grabs your eye, then the words below it...but it works well the way it is too. I'd say you're doing a great job and definately on the right track.

rverk47
03-06-2006, 07:00 AM
thanks so much for the constructive criticism..i definitely use it..i unfortunately don't have any special photographic equipment..i just have a digital camera and a white piece of fabric..i'll check out the tutorial..more suggestions keep um coming..thx again