PDA

View Full Version : FND scratchy leafy froggie

sundiver
02-16-2002, 06:13 PM
After an exhausting weekand an unpleasant Friday, I couldn't wait for thre FND to start. But then...no internet! Arghhhhh!
Today after a long telephonesession with a techie, I'm back online. So I'm pretending it's last night and haven't even looked at anyone else's drawings yet.
So....I've been experimenting again. The colors didn't scan very well. I wanted to make it look like it was hiding in the leaves.
Are the black bits too distracting? Should I get rid of
them/some of them?
Animals aren't my favorite drawing subject. But I love the FND and will attempt anything thrown at me. This is so much fun!

kitaye
02-16-2002, 06:28 PM
I love this one the way it is. I don't think the black detracts from it at all. This is such a unique approach. Well done.

Gisela
02-16-2002, 06:34 PM
OMG! He's wonderful! :clap:

This is scratchboard? Really looks great -- I wouldn't change a thing!

Gis

Surfinia
02-16-2002, 06:48 PM
Beautiful. I wouldn't change a thing. And, yes, you did make him hiding in the leaves.

pencils4me
02-16-2002, 07:29 PM
ooooooooooo one of a kind!! Very unique -

The black is fine, this image works as it is.

Soooo, you'll be back next week right? LOL! Yay!

TJ

mebucko
02-16-2002, 08:39 PM
Sunny D! You did it again! I liked your last scratchy drawing/painting thingy, and this one's even better. I saw one of those wire brushes the other day, and almost got one to try this, but got cheap or lazy, or both, now I wish I had've! Man! That is way cool! It has that stained glass look, and a depth to it that's really appealing. Yeah, I think that you also made him/her/it hide in the leaves. I must try this or either I will jump off of a one story building... I mean it!:p
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/ranbucko-2.gif

MissMouse
02-16-2002, 08:43 PM
I like him too is this scratch board? Don't change a thing.

sundiver
02-16-2002, 10:16 PM
Thank you so much! :D
When I'm in my little corner of the basement messing around it's hard to tell if I have something interesting going or just weird. To say that getting such endorsements from fellow artists is encouraging, is a huge understatement.
This Wet Canvas is AMAZING.
Miss Mouse and Gisela, it's "sort of" scratchboard. I've never tried "real"scratchboard. It's drawn with marker, colored with oil pastel, covered with India ink, then the picture is brought back with whatever sharp pointy thing I have on hand.
And yeah, mebucko, I've gotta get me one of those wire brush things, too!

sherville
02-16-2002, 10:37 PM
Maaaaan! This is fabulous! VERY unique, you have your own little thing going on with that india ink and it's wonderful. I like seeing this style developing each week at these FND's, you're getting more used to it or something and the results just keep getting better and better!

AriadneArts
02-17-2002, 11:30 AM
Very, very nice! I love the stained glass look and the froggie is rendered beautifully. Good job!:clap:

Andrew
02-17-2002, 01:32 PM
Even if it isn't "true" scratch board, I like it. A very different way to interpret the source photo.

Andrew

digistyle
02-17-2002, 01:40 PM
The technique is as interesting as the painting. Nice work.

digistyle

julsiebear
02-19-2002, 02:25 PM
TOTALLY AWESOME.
don`t change it. I noticed in the ink there were a few leaf patterns. (I don`t mean the leaves in the painting, I mean that if you look closely near one of his eyes the pattern in the ink looks like a leaf.) did you use a leaf to pick up some of the ink? excellent work. very interesting. Glad you like Wet Canvas!!

RedShoes
02-19-2002, 04:25 PM
Never have I used the word 'love' as much as I do on this site. People are going to think I have a limited vocabulary here...well, I love it! :D I have scratchboard hiding in my dresser drawer but am too wussy to try it....maybe if I keep seeing things like this I will work up the nerve. I really like the leaf pattern and I think it's perfect as is. If this isn't your fav subject I'd love to see some things that are more to your liking! Very creative!!

greencook
02-19-2002, 04:53 PM
This is toooo cool!
You achieved that hidden look very well. I'd leave it as is. This sort of reminds me of Aussie Aboriginal art.

KEEP 'EM COMIN'

Have a great day! :)

animal
02-19-2002, 07:35 PM
Sundiver,
This is AWESOME! I especially like the colours you have used.:D