PDA

View Full Version : How to Track Ebay Searches?

kjsspot
02-16-2002, 02:42 PM
Hi Ya'll!! Currently I use Extreme Tracking on my website. I've started utilizing it on my ebay pages. This will help give me some stats on my viewers that will hopefully help me with my sales. One great thing I get from it is that I can find out WHEN my website is heaviest hit.

The other thing I'm interested in is what words they are using to find my sales and how they access by pages.

However, the problem I'm running into with Extreme Tracking is that only the last 20 accesses are recorded in detail. After that I can't see the query (or search word used) because it's not really recording it as a search. I can basically see the search words by looking at the URL's and they get cropped to the base URL after the last 20.

Anyway, does anyone know of a better tracking system available for Ebay? I'm paying $5 a month for this one. (was already as I was using it for my website)

Thanks!

hairballsdotcom
02-16-2002, 09:50 PM
I'm currious...I'm using Extreme Tracker free. What what would I get for $5 a month?

arteitaliana
02-22-2002, 02:40 AM
I use RubyLane counters on my auctions. They give me a well organized record of hits and bids plus day and hour statistics, and refresh every 4 or 5 minutes. They used to be free but now cost $25 a year. I think that they provide a good service that is worth the money.
On my about ME page and on my web site I have an Extreme Tracking Counter....It's always been free.
You must have the deluxe model!!

R

kjsspot
02-22-2002, 03:38 PM
LoL Yeah, I have the deluxe version. It's $5 a month and basically here's what you get.

Features on top of the free version:

No eXTReMe button on your site
Password protected access to your reports
Unlimited multiple page tracking:
- Reports of each page separately
- Reports of all pages together
- Reports of all pages comparatively

I checked out the Ruby lane deal and like the breakdown of the times of hits. But what I'm looking for more is being able to watch the search words used. Extreme tracker does this but only the last 20 accesses. I was hoping for more longevity, but I don't think it exists. LoL Guess I'll just be content with Extreme for now.

Thanks all!!