PDA

View Full Version : FND15, hasty sketches

alyona100
02-16-2002, 01:38 PM
Here is mine, late as usual, spent about 1 hour on each..well, more or less, inbetween cooking, entertaining and feeding the baby...you know how it is with a one year old around!:) Have never tried birds before, so forgive my sloppiness..but was great fun, thanks goes to our host Animal...Number one is pastel on toned paper, number two is WC pencils on wrapping paper:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Feb-2002/FND15bird.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Feb-2002/FND15blue.JPG

Leaflin
02-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Wonderful job on both.
The first one has such a great expression of attitude.
Like "I am here, look at me".
Well done :)

digistyle
02-16-2002, 02:57 PM
If birds faces can show expression, then number one is Mr. Charisma! Good job on both.

digistyle

baquitania
02-16-2002, 04:17 PM
is it me or are these birds smiling? i didn't see any smiling birds? is it because i'm not in touch with my "animal" side? harumph... :mad:

this is great work, especially with a 1yr old hanging around, i'd have ducked taped the kid to his chair, and gotten arrested, AND not have such nice drawings...

parenting? drawing? it's such a fine line to choose from... heh heh heh.... just kidding, glad you find time for us... i love the pastel...

Bobby :D

kitaye
02-16-2002, 06:31 PM
The cockatoo is so adorable. HE reminds me of one I saw in a pet store once. HE was always getting into mischief around the store. The owner of the store had to put a lock on his cage because he figure out how to work the latches and kept getting out at night looking for snacks.

pencils4me
02-16-2002, 07:59 PM
so glad you got to squeeze these in! Both are wonderful - although I must say the first is my favorite!

TJ

mebucko
02-16-2002, 08:33 PM
I've actually wondered if there are two of you, 'cause I don't think a single person all by themselves could get this much done.:p You are surprising me every picture now, and that says alot. You could sell the top one, and the bottom, as far as that goes, and I'm not kidding, very good. It seems I remember someone saying that they just started drawing not that long ago... hmmm... :D I hope your classes are going O.K., whatever it is that they teach you must be potent stuff, you are jumping... that's groovy hip talk for you ROCK! Get this stuff done now, 'cause you're not THAT far from the 'terrible twos'!:) Good work Alyona.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/ranbucko-2.gif

MissMouse
02-16-2002, 08:46 PM
the top one says look at me I am the king.........

alyona100
02-17-2002, 01:59 AM
Thank you all for nice comments ( I wish I could reply to each of you separately but Sunday is a bit hectic here:)..I guess I enjoyed doing it so much (without thinking if I do well or not:) that ít just showed in the birds:)..and I am going to find a minute today and perhaps do a quick wash on the second one, to brighten up the colours (and if I ruin it, so be it then:) Ahhh, if I did not have my mum visiting here I would have never gotten anything done - with the baby and the "terrible twelve" year old around:)

Geoff
02-17-2002, 08:33 AM
These are absolutely brilliant.

Both show the birds with expressiveness, using lively strokes of the pastel and pencil.

It's difficult to chose a favourite, for me it might just be the second pair - those pencil marks are so very ............

WELL done. Lets see more.

Irina
02-17-2002, 04:50 PM
Great work, Alyona! :clap:

Love your birds and the fact that you find time for making art. :)

All those wonderful drawings makes me feel sorry I missed the last FND even but I had a reason: was working on a drawing project of my own and couldn't get my mind of it. :) Seems like you guys had a lot of fun.

IrinA

alyona100
02-18-2002, 10:38 AM
Ira and Geoff, thank you!:)

animal
02-19-2002, 10:50 AM
Alyona,
I really like how you did these, especially the cockatoo. :D