PDA

View Full Version : selling on Ebay's other nationality sites

dk_art
02-16-2002, 12:18 AM
The thought occured to me if it might be an idea to sell on ebay sites that aren't the .com (I suppose I could sell on the .ca one being from Canada ... but I guess I always like getting that US$ and multiplying by 1.6 to get the Canadian value :D ).

I thought it might be neat to put something on the www.ebay.co.uk site or others (of course speaking the language would help). I guess since the japanese ebay doesn't make any sense to me ( I did though download the japanese langauge support so at least the text looks better than just boxes) I'd not post there although it would be an interesting thought.

Anyone ever post on ebay sites from different countries.

Sumafra
02-16-2002, 01:47 AM
Sometimes I list on the Canadian site. My feeling on this though is that people see your asking price and even if it's in Canadian dollars, they don't realize that it's much less than US dollars. I prefer to list in US dollars, I think I'm getting more for my paintings that way.

timelady
02-20-2002, 07:39 PM
I'm in the UK and always list on the .com.

The uk site doesn't give me as many hits or sales for some reason. I think the .com site works best because the viewing public is just the biggest. I also always use the .com to buy too, only using .co.uk if I *know* I need something very very quickly and can't wait for international shipping. (As in, I need it within a couple days - so I look for a buy it now that takes PayPal. Our mail system takes 1-2 days.)

It's always worth a try. I've listed some items on the Canada site too. :) My advice would be NOT to try this just because there's a free listing day though. On those days the foreign listings tend overpopulate and buyers start skipping over anything listed as non-US currency.

Tina.

Maggie J
02-26-2002, 07:19 AM
dk_art - if you tick ships internationally doesn't that mean your auction shows up on all the sites? I'm quite new to this & so far I've just used the Uk site but am going to try the .com one too.

M

Sumafra
02-26-2002, 10:47 PM
I've listed on the Canadian site and my listings always appear on the US site at the same time. Somehow I think that they're all mixed in there together in one giant database. Anyone know anything different??