PDA

View Full Version : FND Kanuk's Feathered Friends

KanuK
02-16-2002, 12:11 AM
Sorry this was a little late to post ... had server problems..

Thanks animal for the beautiful pictures...

KanuK

Watercolour on paper ( 8 x 8.5 )

AriadneArts
02-16-2002, 12:20 AM
Good job, Kanuk! Feathers so soft and downy. What medium did you use?

RedShoes
02-16-2002, 12:24 AM
This is just beautiful. I'm in love!

Wingnut
02-16-2002, 12:33 AM
great work!

I love the texture you got on their beaks and the color is very pretty!

:clap:

Gisela
02-16-2002, 01:08 AM
You picked a tough medium for this picture, but did a wonderful job with it! ;)

Gis

sherville
02-16-2002, 01:34 AM
Kanuk... Watercolour?! That is amazing, I dunno how people manage to get watercolour to look that strong!
You have a really good eye for composition, I notice you've been cropping the images differently to the references and it really does a lot for the picture, makes them more exciting or dramatic, one of those 2. :D
Your newest fan,
Amy.

Bendaini
02-16-2002, 01:49 AM
Oh i love this :) so cute :) such color :) so loving :)

okay i will take my so's and go now :D

02-16-2002, 06:11 AM
Hi Kanuk,

I REALLY liked the reference-pic too, but haven't worked up the courage (or timezone) to join a FND yet.

Just love the way you've been able to capture these two, make me feel all frisky too....is it springtime yet?....LOL

:-) Katja

Luvy
02-16-2002, 07:50 AM
Love the colors in this and the crop. I added some purple to mine later. May finish it today.

dupliKate
02-16-2002, 10:24 AM
This is beautiful.....the colours are so vibrant and rich! Did you layer them?? I'd like to be able to get this kind of colour from watercolour...don't know how.

Great eyes too!

K

:clap:

addphan
02-16-2002, 10:27 AM
wow, kanuk, seeing yours makes me wish i, too, had worked in watercolor...these parrots are beautiful...great technique!!!

Leaflin
02-16-2002, 01:20 PM
Such rich vibrant colours from watercolour.
Well done :)

coyote
02-16-2002, 01:33 PM
Very well done, Kanuk. This reminds me...the high school I went to is named Polytechnic High School (which, of course, was always called "Poly") and the team name was...don't laugh... The Fighting Parrots! LOL. I was in Art Production and it was always my job to paint a big blue parrot on a paper banner for the football team to crash through at the beginning of a game.

digistyle
02-16-2002, 03:39 PM
I like the rich, vibrant color. Excellent.

digistyle

baquitania
02-16-2002, 04:02 PM
WOW!!! Is the first word that came to mind... nothing left to add that others haven't said... but I am really looking forward to your work, this is 2 incredible pieces in a row!!! I just love this... WOW!!!

Bobby ;)

kitaye
02-16-2002, 06:36 PM
Your colours are wonderful. I didn't know you could get any medium but Acrylics to achieve colours this vibrant and rich. Beautiful job.

PS, I love your singature line.

pencils4me
02-16-2002, 07:41 PM
Hi Kanuk!

Love these colors - You and Mal got such great colors with your watercolors - Looks wonderful.

TJ

KanuK
02-16-2002, 09:19 PM
Hello everyone and thank you for stopping in to have a look and also for your kind words.

I would just like to share a few of my own comments with you while you are here.

First and foremost, I am so grateful to have found Wetcanvas. I have met so many wonderful and talented " friends" here. All of whom have been a " wealth of unending information".
My " thanks" goes out to all of you who contribute so much .
Most importantly, I thank you for encouraging me to SHARE my artwork.
In retrospect, this has been my greatest hurdle.
And to anyone who may be relating to these feelings... I encourage you to join us here @ wetcanvas...
like myself ... I am sure you will grow...in leaps and bounds from what you can learn from these people.
:clap: MY HAT GOES OFF TO ALL OF YOU ...
& sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart... for teaching me ...to share .

Without you I would never have been able to overcome this block.
Worst of all... I would have certainly have run out of room under my bed to hide all of my unfinished paintings. :D

grateful and "humbled" to have found " ALL OF YOU "

sincerely,

KanuK

KanuK
02-17-2002, 12:35 AM
It seems a lot of you are finding that my watercolours are producing some nice strong & vivid colours SO... I thought that I would tell you what brands I am using.

Most of my palette consists of Grumbacher *Academy* with the odd Cotman by Windsor & Newton.

Just so ya know.

KanuK

orchidlover6
02-17-2002, 12:44 AM
This is beautiful you sure captured their colors. great work

RuthT
02-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Wonderful colours Kanuk, and I like the "close-up" effect. :)

animal
02-19-2002, 10:52 AM
Kanuk.
These are AWESOME! I especially like the textures of the feathers and the eyes:D

KanuK
02-19-2002, 11:30 PM
I finally had some time to add some " finishing touches " to my Friday Night Drawing.
I thought it would be fun to post the initial painting that was done during the FND 2 hour session along side the " final or re-worked edition ".
So what do ya think??

KanuK

Geoff
02-20-2002, 12:41 AM
Erm, KanuK.

I prefered the original, it had more vibrant colour in it.

I've come across another painter who uses very strong watercolour in his landscape work. Peter Goodfellow - he exhibits at the Lost Gallery in Scotland.