PDA

View Full Version : Fnd #1

Laura Tasheiko
02-15-2002, 10:49 PM
Well, haven't done that in too long! That was fun. A little too literal and still lots to do, (like maybe the whole thing over!), but here's my last two hours. Luckily, Gallactic Fruit was on Community Radio, so was actually quite pleasant way to spend a Friday night. Thanks, Animal. L.

Surfinia
02-15-2002, 10:53 PM
Hey, giant lovebirds! (HeHe)

Well done. Is this pastels?

Laura Tasheiko
02-15-2002, 11:04 PM
Well, we don't have many Flamingos here in Maine, unless you count the lawn ornaments in the trailer parks!
Actually, it's colored chalk, the kiddie kind, a challenge in itself esp. on not so great paper. L.

AriadneArts
02-15-2002, 11:56 PM
Very lovely flamingos. And I especially like the way you did the foreground. Good work! (And with kiddie chalk, yet....!)

Leaflin
02-16-2002, 08:58 AM
Did you say Kiddie Chalk :)
What a great job you did.
Lovely soft 'pastel' colours

addphan
02-16-2002, 10:41 AM
beautiful work, laura...love the colors, the handling of the medium, and the composition is excellent...thanks for posting this one!:)

baquitania
02-16-2002, 04:29 PM
not being a bird lover, i totally see why you added the background, which to me is the real painting, the flamingoes could be watermelons as far as i see it... but i LOVE the grass and subtle sky...

glad you could join us laura, this is a terrific piece... now what is galactic fruit?

Bobby:D

Mae
02-16-2002, 04:56 PM
very gorgeous use of kiddie chalk!I like the way you added more detail and interest to this piece..can't wait to see what you do with pastels :)!

pencils4me
02-16-2002, 08:12 PM
Welcome laura!

nice colors here - and yes even with kiddie chalk - ;)

TJ

MissMouse
02-16-2002, 08:52 PM
good job - I can just see you out on the sidewalk

Laura Tasheiko
02-16-2002, 08:55 PM
Thanks everyone, for looking and comments. Yes, Kiddie chalk and junky paper I find much less inhibiting - brown paper bags are best! esp. if I haven't done anything in a while or just want to play and experiment.
Addphan - Don't know if you teach elementary art, but if you do, I know you know about kiddie chalk! Great stuff.
Thought single bird preening itself in the dark looked too lonely, so gave it a companion, and put a little light on the subject - couldn't help myself.
Bobby - Galactic Fruit, Friday nights, WERU, our community radio station in Blue Hill, ME. - eclectic electronica, I guess you'd describe it. Pretty good show if I'm in my studio on Friday nites.
I enjoyed the dwg session last night, and hope to do it again. L.