PDA

View Full Version : FND 2/15 Cockatoo (Pastel)

RedShoes
02-15-2002, 10:21 PM
All I want to know is how did 2 hours go so fast???? I spent the whole first hour sketching, and then the last coloring. I was not happy with my results AT ALL but at least I tried and it was a good experiment.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Feb-2002/fnd_021502.jpg

dupliKate
02-15-2002, 10:32 PM
I like the way you chose your colours....it is very soft...makes you want to touch!

K:)

RedShoes
02-15-2002, 10:34 PM
Hey, thanks Duplikate! Very unfinished but I do like the softness to that started to come, I'm afraid I am as slow as molasses!!! Hmmm. Maybe slower! :p

Surfinia
02-15-2002, 10:35 PM
Very nicely done. I especially like the paper color in contrast with the white bird.

Merriel
02-15-2002, 10:41 PM
Very nice pastelling.

leirrem2

AriadneArts
02-15-2002, 10:42 PM
I really like this, so soft and delicate....Good work!

mebucko
02-15-2002, 11:30 PM
Way soft! I really like what you've done here. I mean, I couldn't do that if I tried. Good eye for dreaming this groovy concoction up. After reading what you wrote, I would've thought you had drawn something hideous, but nothing like that was found on this page, you should be ashamed of yourself for talking about this pretty bird like that! :p
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/ranbucko-2.gif

pencils4me
02-15-2002, 11:35 PM
Red shoes........ I love these colors...... they work very well! Gosh ditto on all the above!

Do you plan on finishing it? Can we see it then?

TJ

Bendaini
02-15-2002, 11:39 PM
Ah your too hard on yourself. I like it. THe background is nice too, adds depth to the bird.

Maybe if you spent a bit more time on it you could get some results your happy with, ya never know till ya try :)

RedShoes
02-15-2002, 11:52 PM
Oh, you guys are too much for me! I am terribly critical, it is one of my worst demons... Well, I think I will try this again or take it further. I do like the softness and I did love working with the pastels which I hardly ever do and need to do more....Thanks guys! I feel better now, I really do and I am going to work on this piece and then I will post it again. The exercis itself was a lot of fun. As far as we all live, tonight it felt like a community and it was so cool to see what other people did, kind of like a cyber art festival!!

Gisela
02-16-2002, 01:29 AM
You did a fine job!
I have a cockatoo and a whole stack of crappy drawings that I've done of him. A white bird is a tough subject and you did well. ;)

Gis

Leaflin
02-16-2002, 09:26 AM
Well done RedShoes.
You managed to capture quite a lot in two hours.

RuthT
02-16-2002, 09:27 AM
He looks great to me. A nice combination of soft and bold colours.

addphan
02-16-2002, 09:58 AM
yeah, those 2 hours fly, don't they? you did a great job with this...very sensitive touch!

Andrew
02-16-2002, 03:13 PM
Then what does that make me!

Great job i such a quick capture of the likeness of the cockatoo!

Andrew

digistyle
02-16-2002, 03:56 PM
I think your choice of colors compliments the paper well. I'd like to see you take this further! Nice work.

digistyle

baquitania
02-16-2002, 04:49 PM
I know what you mean about the 2hours... I thought for the longest that it was almost too much time, but I'm getting spoiled, this is a great start. I especially didn't wanta tackle all that white!

And I like that YOU did, cause this is how we learnf rom each other... to see the approaches... this is tons of free education, cause now we add to our collective art memory, like the BORG! lol just kidding... if you finish, i would love to see it...

Bobby

seejay
02-16-2002, 09:57 PM
Hi RedShoes

Nice work!

The bird looks like what I would call a galah, not a cockatoo, and I suppose farmers who don't like them eating their crops would call them something else again:)

They are beautiful birds.

Hang on, that's not right!. It isn't a galah, it may be a Major Mitchell cockatoo. Anyway, still nice work!

RedShoes
02-17-2002, 03:55 PM
Addphan: The two hours is kinda like breaking a $10 or $20 bill. It seemed descent enough but once you break it...cept in this case it's the 1st hour, once you go past that.... It was good though and I believe this will help me pick up speed in the long run.

Andrew: Hey, I saw your frog! Your not slow at all!!! :)

Digi: Thanks for looking and the encouragement!!

Bobby: Resistance is futil! (tee-hee). If only I could assimilate all of the wonderful talent that brews around on these boards. I think the 2 hours is just right really. It was and is really cool to see what everyone is did and the approaches. This was a GREA idea and I have really enjoyed it!!

Seejay: Thanks for looking and as with everyone else, thank you all for the encouragement and being so kind!!

animal
02-20-2002, 03:50 PM
Redshoes,
The paper works well with the colours of the cockatoo.:cool: :eek: :cool: :eek:

RedShoes
02-21-2002, 09:24 AM
Thanks Animal!!! I had a real time picking it out too! Sometimes you can have too many options, know what I mean? :)

pixelscapes
02-21-2002, 12:45 PM
Nice bird, my parrot and I are both impressed. She actually chirped at the screen!

-=- Jen "CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW!" de la Cruz