PDA

View Full Version : FND mebucko...

mebucko
02-15-2002, 10:07 PM
Mixed Media... Acrylics/Prismacolor Colored Pencils/Bristol 100lb. Smooth paper 2 hours... Definitely unfinished!:p Had a lot of fun though!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Feb-2002/frogmebucko.jpg

dupliKate
02-15-2002, 10:28 PM
Boy....what a great result for 2 hours! This really has a lot of detail for that amount of time...and you were painting too! You even got the little spots on his (her) abdomen and back legs!

Wow! K

:D

RedShoes
02-15-2002, 10:32 PM
Oh, I love it Randy!!! I love the colors and they way it pops. It would be really cool to see you push this one but I think this is damned good!

sherville
02-15-2002, 10:33 PM
accccccck! How the heck do you manage to do so much with PAINT (of all things!) in so short a time! What do you mean unfinished? I like it as it is, it looks good, but that's just me.

Surfinia
02-15-2002, 10:37 PM
Beautiful :clap:

AriadneArts
02-15-2002, 10:40 PM
Unbelievable in 2 hours! Just fabulous! That eye is so real I think it's looking right at me! Great work!

ShellyF
02-15-2002, 10:43 PM
Ditto what everyone is saying. This is beautiful, then again I knew it would be. I am never dissapointed in viewing your work!

Amazing :)

Yielding
02-15-2002, 11:18 PM
Very cool randy - great colors

pencils4me
02-15-2002, 11:24 PM
Heyyyyyyyyy Randy.......

Dang it I forgot your other name..........*thinking* Oh oh!! was it, was it, was..........hmmm dosen't matter you have so many already! Just take your pic!

I thought about doing this frog - but the birds won me over -

this is just striking randy - great color and that eye!! Love it.

TJ

gsb
02-15-2002, 11:29 PM
Terrific! & you really caught that weird gelatinous quality.

RedShoes
02-16-2002, 12:08 AM
I keep coming back to look at this! I love the bottom of the belly, this is really cool....Those lavendars are, what's that word...it's just "groovy"! :D The real mind boggler is that you've done this with paint and pencil... )

Wingnut
02-16-2002, 12:43 AM
Everybody took all the adjectives I was going to use :(

Way hip! :cool:

Gisela
02-16-2002, 12:49 AM
Hey, the wet look!
Great job on the froggy! :clap:

Gisela

dnip24
02-16-2002, 01:02 AM
In my opinion, looks beautiful this frog! I suppose you got a hard job and time to do this piece of art!:clap: :clap: :clap:

greencook
02-16-2002, 01:08 AM
Randy,
Excellent as always. Been missin' you and your talent around here buddy!
Everyone else has said it all. I still think your hoarding artistic talent fairy dust on us though.

Have a great day! :)

impetuous
02-16-2002, 04:44 AM
Wow, amazing!!! Love those eyes.
I have to agree with everything that sherville said about the paint thing!:D

02-16-2002, 05:23 AM
Hi Randy,

Glad to see your work. I sorta consider you one of my mentors here.....

I know you say it's not finished, but I already love it. Will you post the finished froggy too?

CU ! Katja

Leaflin
02-16-2002, 09:53 AM
Great piece Randy.
Bright, rich colours :)

addphan
02-16-2002, 09:56 AM
outstanding, as always!!!

Andrew
02-16-2002, 03:08 PM
I would give this little frog two thumbs up if the board software would let me. And whataya mean unfinished! Scheeeeesh!

How cluing us (or me at least) on the techniques used to paint this little amphibious dude?

Later
Andrew

jackddavis
02-16-2002, 03:22 PM
I finally figured out how you folks do so much in so little time.......It's a math thing...first you multiply the alotted time by three then when finished you divide the actual time by four. That's the only answer possible. :D

digistyle
02-16-2002, 03:30 PM
WOWSA!! Excellent job. Love the softness of the colors. Makes me want to try those unopened acrylics I have on the shelf. Good stuff.

digistyle

Merriel
02-16-2002, 03:36 PM
This is wonderful. Sure looks finished to me!

leirrem2

Shelley
02-16-2002, 05:51 PM
yours looks just like a frog..did ya plan that?..a green frog to..with...spots..on his...emm..behind..hummm ..ya'll have spotted behinds on your frogs in texas?

Shelley

mebucko
02-17-2002, 12:38 PM
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude by not answering anyone, I have too much going on right now... :angel:
Duplicate: Thanks very much! It's a mutated 'IT', new no sex frog...hee-hee
-R-
Redshoes: I do plan on "pushing" this a little more actually, but my schedule has changed, and I don't have the same time I had a couple of weeks ago, but I do want to make this finished, it's really rough, 'specially for my first acrylic in 10 years.
Thank you!
-R-
Hey! It's ol' "What's her name?"... Miss Accccccck!, thanks for your wisdom, he said. (That's just me...he thought)
-R-
Surfina: I appreciate it!
-R-
AriadneArts: I did stop in 2 hours, but I think it needs another 30 mins or so to make it look 'less sloppy', and fix the muddy colors.
Thanks for being so nice.
-R-
Erin: Oooo! You are too kind! I don't understand, but thanks anyhow! :p (Oh yeah, You need a website for your stuff) If you need a free website, go here, http://dreamwater.com/terms.html if you need any free help, PM me... :)
-R-
Yielding: I appreciate the comments!
-R-
TJ: You can call me "Mr. El Wooso Grande", how quickly they forget... tsk-tsk...
Thank you Missy, and yeah, I liked your birdies too!
-Mr.EWG-
gsb: Yeah, gelatinous is what it was too, ever try to create a thin skinned gelatinous look with acrylics, what was I thinking? :p Thank you alot.
-R-
Redshoes: Deja Vu? No? hee-hee Groovy huh...? You aren't one of those hip chicks are you? :p Thanks, a second look, you have got to get out more! hee-hee
-R-
Wingnut: Another hip chick? Wow...cool... Way hip is good, works for me! heh
-Dude-
Gisela: Thanks for the wet comment, all kinds appreciated!
-R-
dnip24: Yes, it was hard! Thanks!
-R-
greencook: Thanks Sir! Yeah, I've been workin'! I'm not used to it yet, so had to readjust my life for work... way weird for a slacker such as me! hee-hee Actually, the only hoarding I've done is jars of peanut butter for the upcoming peanut famine of '02! Thank you though!
-R-
Imp: Man! I had to go back and read what "Ol What's her name" said... Thank you Miss, I do appreciate your time spent here.
-R-
Katja: Thank you! A mentor? that's good, right? hee-hee! Well, with the way you're progressing, you will undoubtedly become one of ours, so keep it up! Yes, I will post it after I'm through, whenever that will be, been kind'a busy lately though.
-R-
O' immortal leaflin: I say thanks to you! (I love your whistles on your site!)
-R-
addphan: Your words are 'always' appreciated.
-R-
Andrew: Is that 2 froggy thumbs? What? They don't have froggy thumbs here? Man! I am soooo mad!:p Well, I did kind'a slap this together, and to me it shows that, alot! As far as techniques, I don't have a way I do anything, not a true technique, anyway. I only start trying to make it look similar to whatever it is that I'm doing.
I mainly drybrush it, I guess, and in some areas use it very wet. So, I really have no idea what I'm doing, I'm just doing it, whatever that means!:p I'll get it posted again so hopefully it will show the difference when I try to fix all of the ugliness in the painting now, like the muddy colors... yech, that is WAY bad...
Thank you though for your comments!
-R-
Jack: If I had to do math while I painted, I would not get out of bed everyday! hee-hee
I'm glad that we don't have to. Thanks for the math lesson!:p
-R-
digi: O.K., you do acrylics next time, and I'll do it digital! hee-hee Just call me Digibucko! Thanks digi!! :p
-R-
leirrem2: Thanks for the good words, I do appreciate it.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/ranbucko-2.gif
Shelly: Let's see, a frog? yeah, I think it was going to be that... yep! It was! hee-hee Spots? on his...? ohhhh... (sorry, I had to pull down his lil' froggy pants to check...) Yep! Spotted derriere alright!
No, in Texas all we have are just plain'o green frogs, but... We texans have spotted butts, if you must know...:p
-GT-

Here's the frog I said I would put up, I don't like it, overworked, and I got tired of it... hee-hee! Anyway, same as last time, acrylics and Prismacolor Colored Pencils... There you have it Kitty. Oh... it's got about 45 more minutes bringing it to 2 hours and 45 mins...
-R-
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Feb-2002/frogmebucko2.jpg

animal
02-20-2002, 03:55 PM
SPECTACULAR Randy!!!! I especially like how you did the eyes and the spots at the bottom of the belly.:clap: :cool: :cool: :cool: