PDA

View Full Version : FND-Shelley

Shelley
02-15-2002, 09:16 PM
OMG this is soooooo bad....wasnt gonna post it but thought what the hell ya'll need a good laugh...animal! they were so hard and every dang one of the were in color!! I CANT DO COLOR!..all i managed to do was get pastel dust all over everything...geezz...please do not feel you need to comment on this...i KNOW its bad...

Shelley

dupliKate
02-15-2002, 09:29 PM
Actually Shelley....it's really very good! I am working up the courage to post mine!

K:D

RuthT
02-15-2002, 09:49 PM
I think it's very good Shelley. Lovely colours. :)

Surfinia
02-15-2002, 11:18 PM
It is really quite good, Shelley. You're too hard on yourself.

I know what you mean about all the COLOR. I had decided beforehand to use sketch tonight in charcoal and was overwhelmed when I saw the pictures of all these colorful animals.

AriadneArts
02-15-2002, 11:20 PM
I LIKE IT! You CAN do color.........!

mebucko
02-15-2002, 11:24 PM
Hi Shelly, I like this! What are you talking about? I think you can do color, after you get over being afraid of some little colored sticks... hee-hee I think what would improve it 100% though would be to crop it, it goes and goes, but squared off, it would look really good.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Dec-2001/ranbucko-2.gif

pencils4me
02-15-2002, 11:28 PM
shelley you are to hard on yourself!! Ack and pastels even. Gosh you get points just for getting the dust out on those....

You can do it! LOL (see)

TJ

Bendaini
02-16-2002, 01:07 AM
shelly, i'm not laughing.

just extend the picture out a little on the neck and the beak and you will have it made. Its actualy very good...

greencook
02-16-2002, 01:14 AM
Hey Shelley,
I think you did a great job on this. Maybe its not completed, but hey, what you've got here leaves no doubt in my mind this was the, the, the cockatoo - oops toucan. :D :D :D
Honestly, you did a very good job with the colors. I really like the eye especially.
I had a family thaang tonight so I'll try getting something together for this one over the weekend.

Have a great day! :)

Gisela
02-16-2002, 01:42 AM
Well of course you can do color -- there's the proof! I think it looks great!

Gis

02-16-2002, 06:03 AM
Hey Shelley,

I say the bird is looking straight at ya....
I do feel for you though, I am trying to work up the courage to play around with colours....

I like the fact that you tend to draw a detail of a figure, I love the birdy....

:-) Katja

Luvy
02-16-2002, 07:53 AM
I'm waiting to see the finished drawing. I see it almost there *S* Looks good Finish and you'll see you can do it *S*

addphan
02-16-2002, 10:56 AM
wrong...this is sooo good...you've captured the essence of the tocan...great colors, like the crop and the gray paper.

Leaflin
02-16-2002, 01:51 PM
Shelley you have done a great job of depicting the Toucan.
I think you colour choices were execellent.

Shelley
02-16-2002, 05:59 PM
you guys are so sweet...just look at all the wonderful things ya'll said about this crappy drawing..*laughs*...now i know your all friends...here is a cropped one..does look better cropped you were right randy...

thank you to everyone that replyed...you are the best...i'm sorry i cant reply to everyones FND...damn there are alot of them!...but i did look at them all...and we have a pretty talented bunch here!....we are blessed for sure

Shelley

Andrew
02-18-2002, 12:10 PM
But only because the Toucan is such a silly bird! :D

This is a very good and colorful closeup. And if you are going to use chalk pastels, get used to the dust. It doesn't get any better or cleaner.

Keep up on the color work! They keep telling me it is worth it. And if you don't quit being so hard on yourself, I am going to charge you royalties. I have the market cornered on self defeatist attitude. :p

Best
Andrew

animal
02-19-2002, 10:43 AM
Shelley
:eek: :eek: This is Cool. I really like how you did the eye and the bill of the bird.:clap: