PDA

View Full Version : Friday's ACEO Effort

sks
02-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Said I would try all media for the ACEO's - so here is my "Scratchboard" version.

RobinZ
02-25-2006, 01:40 PM
What a cute panda! How thick is the scratchboard? Will it fit in the sleeves ppl store them in?

valchina612
02-25-2006, 05:50 PM
That's a really cute Panda, and the first scratchboard ACEO we've had to the best of my knowledge. Like Robin, I would love to know the thickness of the scratchboard, and can you buy little panels this size, or do you cut them yourself? Very interesting concept for ATC/ACEOs.

Val. :wave:

sks
02-25-2006, 06:51 PM
The scratchboard is a sheet I bought years ago and found in the drawer.
I just cut it myself, it's no thicker than regular cardstock would be or similar thickness to 140 W/c paper.
Finally got to the flea market today and found the clear sleeves. Took the ACEO's with me to make sure they fit. Yes, they fit !!!!!
Also I have been mounting my work on matboard cause I really like the feel of it. And yes they fit in the sleeve with the matboard attached.

Bertoni
02-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Good to see a scratchboard drawing and such a nice one!:clap: :clap: :clap:
I've done scratchboard in the past and located a hunk of the board and my scratchtools recently. Hoping to do a couple of minis with it.

janine9620
02-25-2006, 08:25 PM
He is so dang cute! Hooray on the sleeve find! So far I've only done, watercolor and acrylic. Thinking bout prisma pencils, they are just so time consuming. I have to admit I like the quikness of painting these little guys. Hmmm, you never know till ya try! Great job on the Panda!! janine

sks
02-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks Bertoni, Thanks Janine...
They certainly are addictive - just finished another scratchboard, will post it tomorrow.

Waterplay
02-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Excellent idea...very nifty panda:clap:

How do you mount your ACEOs on matboard? I always use 140# wc paper and would like to "stabilize" it but am afraid of ruining the painting.

sks
02-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Waterplay,
I tried using the spray adhesive but it wasn't holding too well. But Now I find that the matt medium from my acrylics is a wonderful solution to the problem, holds better than superglue !!! I just put a drop on the matt board and rub it around with my finger. Then I put the artwork on (whether it be w/c paper, scratchboard paper or canvas paper) and use my brayer - not a bad idea to weight it down with some books for a little while also.

Waterplay
03-01-2006, 02:05 PM
sks,
Thanks for the info...will have to give this a try:)