PDA

View Full Version : Palomino Welsh Pony ACEO

piper2
02-24-2006, 10:53 AM
When I saw the palomino arab aceo posted here, it inspired to post my one I have on eBay currently -- an example of total abysmal failure, by the way. I was on the verge of throwing this one out about 3 times while doing it because I just couldn't seem to get the colors right. But in the end I figured that I would just put it on eBay and see how it went.

Palomino is an annoying color to recreate!

janine9620
02-24-2006, 06:14 PM
This Palomino is gorgeous! Even if the color is off, by the way most of us would not have known that, nor that it was a Palomino. Now he is a just beautiful Pony. And very well done at that!!!!! janine

piper2
02-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks, Janine. Turns out he did quite well on ebay today so I'm glad I didn't pitch him!

janine9620
02-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Yes he did. Congrats! Your art is awesome, and your discription on eBay was just delightful! You can hear your excitement in the discription!!! janine

valchina612
02-25-2006, 03:31 AM
Maggie, I am not a bit surprised that your Palomino did so well on ebay. He is absolutely beautiful, and I hope you will post some more horses. I for one would love to see them. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

piper2
02-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Val and Janine, you're too nice! Here are my two I've been working on this week. The jumper's already on eBay, but the Arab is unfinished. The jumper was a bit dodgy to do-- I tried to use a black grisaille (underpainting) and I had a bugger of a time trying to get the values right once I put the colors in. I'm not exactly sure why, since that's supposed to be the whole point of doing a grisaille, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm pleased with the Arabian. I know I shouldn't keep him for myself, but it's very tempting . . .