PDA

View Full Version : Row, Row, Row your boat

Neillydun
02-15-2002, 03:42 PM
Hi,

I think this is supposed to be a Norwegian wooden rowing boat, although it would seem the only wooden thing about it is my painting technique :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Feb-2002/rowboat.jpg

/Neilly

p.s. Handy hint No. 223: Never attempt to buy new watercolour paints with a hang-over, especially if your memory is already waning like mine :). I bought 6 tubes of what I thought were artist quality paint today, only to come home and realise they were actually student grade (W&N Cotman). Ho-hum...well at least they look better than my Daler & Rowney Aquafine

kaybob99
02-15-2002, 04:30 PM
This is so realistic. I love it. Have you posted any other work? I would love to see it.:angel:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

T-Rex
02-15-2002, 04:36 PM
Neilly....your boat is great...lookin' good to me hangover or not!:) Karen

Can I put your tip in the cool stuff thread?:p

taghera
02-15-2002, 04:39 PM
Neilly your boat looks very good to me, your to hard on yourself at times. :)

Rich Williams
02-16-2002, 12:54 AM
I like these snapshots of life. People often overlook the simple things in life when they are sometimes the best things to paint.

Rich

billyg
02-16-2002, 04:51 AM
Youll enjoy your Cotman, I do, and my georgian and my artists and my Talens and all my bits and bobs, I just make sure non of it is fugitive if Im being serious.Billyg :D :evil:
Had to come back and dd a p.s This does not mean I buy all my paints while hungover. Hic !.

Neillydun
02-16-2002, 10:37 AM
Sandy - Thanks :) I think you can use the search facility to see my other postings...not that i'm encouraging you to waste your time ;)

Karen - I didnt paint a hangover...well not much of a one :) I dont think my tip should be put in the 'cool' list...its not cool to buy stuff while under the influence ;)

Taghera - Thanks...I think i'm a bit of a perfectionist...hence the self criticism...anyway, arent us Celts allowed a healthy dose of self-loathing? ;)

Rich - I am, if nothing else, simple...like sticks with like ;)

Billy - Well I already notice they are a vast improvement in the paints I was using...perhaps I should try more shopping trips like this :) Although I wouldnt know a fugitive paint while in any state...unless they look like Harrison Ford ofc :)

/Neilly

olika
02-16-2002, 06:58 PM
Being a simple person can be a good thing.. though not sure about the self-loathing.. mind you, probably a lot of us practice it :) Your picture is good and I think it does look like wood. I also like the water you created.. I like the look of it. I have a debate with myself that I should have to go and buy the very best paints but should be able to work with what I have ? it is how I think *smile* whether it is true or not. I look forward to seeing more.

T-Rex
02-16-2002, 07:44 PM
Hi Neilly....just wanted you to know that I was kidding there:) ...Karen