PDA

View Full Version : stretching

coyote
02-15-2002, 11:23 AM
this is from a card showing stretches to do before going for a walk.

pen & ink --> streamline --> illustrator

dnip24
02-16-2002, 11:53 PM
looks weird that woman doing this exercise!
Nice work!:)

BlackTigr
02-18-2002, 08:55 AM
Coyote, I've meant to say this several times, but I guess I will sum up all of those intended comments in this one. I always knew that someone out there had to be making these illustrations, but now I have far more respect for him (and you). These are not easy-looking drawings.

--BT

(edited for typo)

coyote
02-18-2002, 12:50 PM
Yes, BT, someone actually draws these things! And it's fun. Some of my freelance work is "Instructions for Use". I did a couple for video sewer inspection systems. I really enjoy this kind of stuff...and it pays better than sitting in a coffee house with a sketch pad, which, of course is also fun!:rolleyes:

KozmikJester
02-18-2002, 10:42 PM
Those are really good, they look simple but complicated...know what I mean? No, neither do I, lol. :D I never thought of someone drawing those things, too. Now that I know I have respect for you and the other artists. Nice drawings. :clap:

Rose Queen
02-18-2002, 10:47 PM
OK, now I know why those video sewer inspections cost so much!

Jason Seiler
02-24-2002, 09:32 PM
Looks excellent as always! I love the nice crisp lines....:evil:

BobH
03-01-2002, 11:18 AM
This is one of the exercises I am supposed to do everyday to help keep my old back from going "sproing!!!" I'll have to get out my instruction sheets 'cause these drawings sure look like them! Great job, the fact they look so simple is an indicator of great ability!

Bob

Neural Shadows
03-01-2002, 01:30 PM
I'm familiar with that stretch too!

I like your approach. I think if I had been asked to illustrate that sequence of motions I would have shown the figure from 2 angles, which could really make things more complicated for the viewer. The three basic positions from one view say it all efficiently.

I like your choice of line weights and the graceful curves of the folds of fabric. Anyone who can draw a graceful curve in Illustrator is alright with me!

How come there's no "two thumbs up" icons here at W.C. ?