PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Complaint

DrBrad
02-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Well, it's Monday, so it's time for me to complain how horribly my latest portrait of the week is going. This time am working on white Colorfix (tried black and met with disaster). Also using mostly real soft pastels not just pencils for a change. It's a messy nightmare that I loathe. I appreciate being allowed to vent here. Keeps me from ripping it up! There, I feel better!

khourianya
02-21-2006, 12:22 AM
Why don't you let us be the judges of how "horrible" it is.....lol...from hat i've seen of your portraits, you have nothing to complain about. I wish I could do a quarter as well.

dlake
02-21-2006, 12:59 AM
I agree with Cori.
but, as you say, you feel better when you complain to us so, I personally think it'd be interesting to have a thread of artistic frustrations and solutions. Instead of us posting individually since the site is getting so slow.
I think You may have hit on something here....
diane

Khadres
02-21-2006, 01:16 AM
Every painting goes through an "ugly" stage...ya just have to stick with it and pull it out on the "hey, not BAD!" side. LOL We'll be happy to see the final or even the ugly version. Hang in there!

DrBrad
02-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I think a complaints thread is a great idea-- alas I don't think it will have any effect on the speed and responsiveness of the site. That is largely a function of the number of users not threads/postings. It's the fact that there are so many people visiting at once (a good thing) that's likely the big factor. Still, a sticky kvetch thread here would be nice.

Bringer
02-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Yeah !

Let us criticize your work .....:evil:

Best regards,

Josť

Donna A
02-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Well, it's Monday, so it's time for me to complain how horribly my latest portrait of the week is going. This time am working on white Colorfix (tried black and met with disaster). Also using mostly real soft pastels not just pencils for a change. It's a messy nightmare that I loathe. I appreciate being allowed to vent here. Keeps me from ripping it up! There, I feel better!

Ohhhhhh GOOD!!!!!! I just think it's wonderful to have friends to "gunch" to! (Gunch=family word for gripe and complain) :-) Just feels soooo good!!!! Hope everything looks better when you get back to it!!!! Donna ;-}

Dark_Shades
02-23-2006, 08:37 PM
What a great Idea..... Id go for that a Self Complaints thread lol ..... well I wanna complain about my latest effort.......... its giving me the right pip :D
....... a plate of cherries, ........... with no appropriate reds to use - been doing a little bit here n there after work,......... its going NO Where fast....... Thanks Brad for the complaints thread....... feel better already lol

Donna A
02-28-2006, 12:03 AM
What a great Idea..... Id go for that a Self Complaints thread lol ..... well I wanna complain about my latest effort.......... its giving me the right pip :D
....... a plate of cherries, ........... with no appropriate reds to use - been doing a little bit here n there after work,......... its going NO Where fast....... Thanks Brad for the complaints thread....... feel better already lol
And I wanna complain that I've been doing so many other things that I have not been painting a LOT. Argh!!!! BUT......soooooon! Surley sooooon!!! :-) Donna ;-}

Jo Castillo
02-28-2006, 12:08 AM
I want to complain of lack of time to paint and post and read and get organized and ..........

Thanks,
Jo

Terry
02-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Can I complain tooo?? I have no time to paint either.....

Ron Biggs
02-28-2006, 06:14 AM
MeÖIím overworked and underpaid. I donít mined being underpaid but the overworked bit is really getting in the way of life. I donít seam to find time to paint and the only time I get to take photos is when I take the dog for a walk.
Well this rant hasnít helped my time management but it does feel good to get it out, at least I can pop into WC in my coffee breaks.

artist_pw
02-28-2006, 03:29 PM
It sounds like the internal negativity monster is having a hissy fit. When I feel like that, I try to envision a tiny weird green imp frenetically, but comically, hopping up and down in the throes of an impotent temper tantrum. That usually seems to quell those feelings at least a little. Hope this helps.