PDA

View Full Version : EBay

GeraldineNesbitt
02-14-2002, 05:58 PM
Could someone please give me an idea how I put a painting for auction on EBay. I really haven't got a clue. How and where do I start?

Thanks
Geraldine

CathyD
02-14-2002, 08:44 PM
Someone recommended in one of the threads awhile back this great site:
www.pitchfordart.com
It tells you step by step how to get started! That's how I began, and I use most all of their suggestions.

I haven't visited that site for awhile (so I just did) and it looks like they have changed it abit. The "how to get started" instructions used to be on their website for free but now it looks like they are selling it as an 'ebook' for $9.95. I would still recommend it, it is worth it!

Once you start ebaying, in addition to creating art and putting your work up for auction there is a lot of bookkeeping and you really need to keep organized to maintain good customer service. Pitchford art gives you a complete guide to getting started. It is great!

Best wishes,
Cathy

Sumafra
02-14-2002, 10:07 PM
Keep reading through this section, you'll find lots of tips. also there is a lot of information on Ebay and I believe there is a help section. I'm sure you'll figure out as we all did. It just takes a little time that's all. Good luck.

CarlyHardy
02-14-2002, 10:19 PM
Use the link in this thread - http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20742
for an introduction to selling at ebay. It's designed for the beginner!

This forum is filled with great information....so take your time and read on!
carly