PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody--I'm Back

AriadneArts
02-18-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm sorry for my prolonged absence. I'm just beginning to get back on line since my accident at the beginning of February. I slipped on the ice and fell from about a 6 foot height flat on my back and was rushed by my neighbors to emergency. They kept me there as I was immobile and in great pain. Xrays of my back and pelvis show that nothing was broken (to my amazement and gratitude), but, at my age (66) they had to keep me there for several days and run a lot of tests. As a result, when I arrived home, I was full of pain killers, muscle relaxants and various and sundry other unpronounceable drugs. My husband is in California, so I am basically alone here except for the occasional visits of friends who bring me things I may need. I have only been getting around the last couple of days and sit at this computer with some difficulty. However, here I am, TG.

I find I am unable, as yet, to sit at the computer for very long. I am getting better every day, but slowly. Again, I apologize for my absence, but it was not possible to inform WC! of the problem until just now. I hope you will all understand.

Take care, all. I have to go now and rest my back again, but I'll be back on later, and am endeavoring to catch up on the 'Masters' weeks I've missed. which, fortunately I can do whilst propped up against my backrest in bed.

Best to you all,

Nickel
02-18-2006, 08:11 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Feb-2006/39040-animated_water_cupid.gif

Welcome Back Eileen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We missed YOU!!!!!!!

:wave: Nickel

Nehalenia
02-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Eileen, I'm so very sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. Yep, must be a great pain at your age. I'm a little younger and still enjoy ice-skating a lot. There's an ice-rink close to my home (the one Yvonne van Gennip trained on for her gold medal :)) and I occasionally take a bad fall. I've noticed that the resulting pain gets worse the older I get. So I can relate to your misfortune.

Take care of yourself and take it easy! Rest is the best cure. Looking forward to your art when you feel up to it!

Best wishes and speedy recovery

Margie

bjs0704
02-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Oh my goodness, Eileen!!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your fall! And I'm really glad to see that you are back!

I hope that you get well soon! I feel down a flight of cement stairs many years ago and I know that it took a while to really get over it.

Best wishes! :angel:

Barb Solomon:cat:

AriadneArts
02-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks so much, everybody. The body is an amazing thing, the way it heals itself, hey? Each day I feel an improvement. However, it's oh so easy for me to overdo. And I don't realize I'm overdoing until I'm suddenly in a lot of pain. So, I have to keep my wits about me and stop before I'm feeling badly. Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment and my car wouldn't start. Missed my appointment and had to get the car checked. Ended up buying a new battery. As Rosanne Rosannadanna used to say "It just goes to show you, it's always something...... :D

Nickel, what a lovely image with the water flowing. :clap:

I've started working in colored pencil now because I can do that while propped up on the bed. Standing for any length of time really starts my back aching, so painting is out for awhile. But I'm having fun with the pencils. I'm going to choose something for this week and get it posted. Then, I've vowed to make up for the weeks I've missed. It's a committment I've made, and I plan to not let a 'little' :rolleyes: thing like a fall stop me, dang it.

bjs0704
02-22-2006, 01:50 PM
I hope that you can rest up and take it easy, Eileen!

The colored pencil drawings sound wonderful! Don't overwork, we want you to get better!

Best wishes,

Barb Solomon:cat:

tyree
02-25-2006, 10:46 PM
So glad you are doing better...just looked at your wonderful finch painting!!! please take care....tyree:heart:

mauricar
03-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Have you noticed that the ground gets harder the older we get? So glad that you are back. Take care and don't do too much to soon. It will set you back farther than you care to be. Looking forward to seeing your work when you feel up to it.
Midge

AriadneArts
03-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks Barb, Susan and Midge. LOL, Midge. You are soooooo right. Not only that, but where did my sense of balance go?????:confused:

Midge, I hope you are resting too and getting better by the minute. :thumbsup:

bjs0704
03-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Many years ago (I was in my late 20's), I slipped on an icy concrete step on a wintry evening. I can still see my husband's frightened face as he watched me fly throught the air. I landed in a sitting position with my legs out in front of me, but momentum caused my head to jerk back. My husband just knew that my head would hit the pavement. I was still fairly young and it took 2 or 3 weeks to really heal.

Best wishes, Eileen! I'm glad to hear that you are improving!

Barb:cat: