PDA

View Full Version : Ebsq?

Dave Carter
02-14-2002, 11:18 AM
Just came from the EBSQ site and I am wondering if the $36 membership fee is really worth anything. I mean, after browsing through the site, I do not understand what advantage it would be to pay that much for a logo and a link? Can anyone shed some light on EBSQ membership?

CarlyHardy
02-14-2002, 10:23 PM
I know some of our members here are also members of ebsq, but I'd suggest you do a search for ebsq at ebay and contact some of the members directly thru email. I think they could answer your question better than I, since I'm no longer a member of ebsq.
carly

El_Elegante
02-16-2002, 05:30 AM
No longer a member? I looked at their site a while back. I don't pay fees for nebulous support so I skipped it. I am curious as to your experiences as a former member and anyone who is curent's experience. I can't help but wonder about services like this.. who is finding it worth their while?

CathyD
02-16-2002, 02:41 PM
Maybe we should widen the scope of the discussion to why join an online "society" of artists at all? I know that some of the artists here belong to [email protected] and some ebsq.

If you have looked at ebsq's website, they offer a zine, feature artists and have an artist directory. They have monthly shows on ebay with a theme. They also jury artists to be in ebsq+ and those are the artist that get featured on the website. I think they are growing and will offer more things as time goes by.

I think that joining an online society of ebay artists might give you as an artist some credability. You put their logo on your auction and even though people don't know exactly what it is, it makes them think that you must have some merit to belong to an organization. (Tell me if you disagree!)

I debated about joining ebsq, and finally decided to do it. There has been a discussion about [email protected] on this board and that it is a limited group with a waiting list, and I would have liked to join that but it felt like there wasn't an immediate opportunity to join, so I decided to go with ebsq.

So... I do feel it is beneficial to be able to put a logo on your auction. The more networking you can do with your art the more people will know about you! It's just putting your name in another place on the internet. I just recently joined and need to submit some information to be listed in the artist's section. I wanted to have my website up and running before I did that.

There, that's my opinion as a member of ebsq!
Good luck Dave!
Cathy