PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel

valchina612
02-17-2006, 09:19 AM
I have just finished a Squirrel ACEO in Coloured Pencil. It is drawn on cream archival quality cardstock. It was fun to do, and I will be listing it on ebay tomorrow.

Val. :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Feb-2006/38312-ebay_--_ACEO_Squirrel_3.jpg

valchina612
02-18-2006, 10:37 AM
I have updated this drawing. Poor little fellow had a paw coming from the wrong place etc. etc.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Feb-2006/38312-ebay_--_ACEO_Squirrel_5.jpg

TeAnne
02-18-2006, 07:13 PM
awwwwwwwwww So cute :) Nice CP work Val :)

RobinZ
02-18-2006, 10:27 PM
He's awfully cute! Is he eating a pecan sandy? My squirrels LOVE pecan sandies!

valchina612
02-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Thankyou so much TeAnne and Robin. Yes Robin, I'm sure he's eating a Pecan Sandy -- I've never seen one myself, nor have I seen a squirrel for that matter, but if your Squirrels love them, then that's good enough for me. :D

Val. :)

darlingart
02-19-2006, 07:23 AM
What a cute squirrel, I love him!

Michelle

valchina612
02-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Thanks so much Michelle.

RobinZ
02-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Ha, ha, Val,. they are a shortbread cookie with pecans. I love them, but I share cause I am fat enough, thanks!!

valchina612
02-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks for letting me know Robin. If they are shortbread cookies with pecan nuts, then I would ADORE them too!! But my body can do without them :crying: Thanks.

twobluecrows
02-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Thankyou so much TeAnne and Robin. Yes Robin, I'm sure he's eating a Pecan Sandy -- I've never seen one myself, nor have I seen a squirrel for that matter, but if your Squirrels love them, then that's good enough for me. :D

Val. :)

Really good job for never having seen one in real life!:thumbsup: We have them all around our house--they run like mad circus players in the trees and eat all the seed out of the birdfeeders! Ours are grey and almost the size of small cats!

When we lived in New Hampshire, there was a red squirrel living in the pine tree right next to our mobile home--and he bombed our roof with green pinecones in the spring--we had a metal roof and it was like WWII! After he got them on the ground, he'd grab one and take it up on the neighbor's deck rail and eat it like an ear of corn--he was covered in pine sap, but kept eating them like they were going out of style. When the neighbor came out on the deck and yelled at him for getting sap all over the deck, he clutched onto a branch just out of reach and chittered right back at the guy! They went at it like that for days!:D It was a riot!

valchina612
02-28-2006, 04:25 AM
Thanks so much for your kind comments. What a great story about the brown squirrel -- that would have been a sight to behold :D Thanks for telling us, and thanks again for your comments. He sold on ebay a couple of days ago.