PDA

View Full Version : My beads, please tell me what you think....

doityourselfdiva
02-17-2006, 03:11 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-17-2006/69009_Bumblebee.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-17-2006/69009_Bunny_2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-17-2006/69009_Bunny_4.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: My beads, please tell me what you think....
Year Created: 2006
Dimension: Assorted sizes
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hi everyone! I'm Brandy. I've been lampworking since October. Before beads I did stained glass and mosaic. I've posted in the technical forum but never here. I think it's about time someone else saw my beads and told me what they think. I always get a critique from my husband, and he always says they are great.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'd like other feedback other than my husbands and finally have the "guts" to show others what I've been doing. I really want to know what others think of my beads, areas I can improve upon etc.

Thanks so much for any feedback you can give me.

Brandy

Susynne
02-17-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm glad you got the 'guts' to show these. I am only a newbie, but in my opinion I don't know how you could improve upon these. The pastel bunnies and eggs are simply adoreable and the bee in his yellow and black beads is quite striking. Since october? WOW! Keep up the good work!
Happy Torching!, Susynne

rosebead
02-18-2006, 02:55 PM
i think they arre sweet. I would like to see better pics to show more detail- purely for my own enjoyment :)

jmp
02-18-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't know much about beads but these look good to me- love the colors and themes.

Sandy C
02-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Your beads are really cute, I love the bumble bee! I can't see the others too well, but you should keep having the "guts" to post your work, you are very good.

Sandy

Firefly Glass
02-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Adorable. October what year? You sure are a fast learner. I love the bee.

amandajane
02-23-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm so jealous! you're super good for just starting a bit ago! I LOOOOVE those big flower beads!!!

doityourselfdiva
03-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! I really appreciate it. I am still working on the photos, not the easiest in the world. But, I have a new set up so hopefully they will improve. I guess I was more scared about showing my work than I should have been. But I do have fugly beads all the time. I've got a gallon jar full of them!

Firefly - I've been lampworking since October of 2005. I'm just now barely able to sell some of my beads to a local bead store to buy more glass. I feel that my beads are shabby compared to others. But, we are our own worst critic!

AmandaJane - Thanks, but the flowers are not my idea. I found a tut that explained how to do it. PM me if you want the link.

Brandy

jenn1
03-01-2006, 09:33 PM
looove the bee!!!
your beads are too cute.

Alaskalinda
03-13-2006, 03:37 AM
I think you will soon be one of those beadmakers that make me wish I had that kind of talent..... keep at it and work on those pictures, you are going to do GREAT!!!

Linda

juliagfunk
04-24-2006, 04:56 PM
First of all, you need to give yourself more credit! If you have such a low opinion of yourself, why would potential customers buy your work? (unless you are a very good actress!) Your beads are technically good. I don't see anything wrong with them. I have made much uglier.

Secondly, the only thing I would suggest, and this isn't even a critique, is to get a bit more creative, let more of your unique personality shine through. Take some risks with your colors, get a little more elaborate with your dot patterns. Maybe you could do one set a week that is exclusively for the purpose of letting loose and not worrying about how good the end product will be.

B-Todd
04-24-2006, 07:19 PM
I like the bumble bee, it is sooooo cute. :thumbsup:

Belinda

Jenfire
04-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Honestly I think you need to hide them at my house and not let anyone else look at them! ;)

scootrgrl
05-13-2006, 02:27 AM
I am really impressed with your beads.:clap:
I started doing beads in October and I don't think I would even attempt the bee or the easter one yet, I'm still having trouble encasing in clear...got alot of fish tank beads!:lol:

Janet

collectiblesbyrose
06-02-2006, 08:08 PM
My goodness, I can't say anything except...well done!!! I love your use of colors, the blues and pinks look so yummy and girly. Not too much black on the top set so it too looks dainty and sweet. Wonderful choice of colors on the spacers. I just went back and read that you were into stained glass and mosaic. No wonder you have everything so balanced and perfect, you already have the eye of an artist. I'll probably be seeing more of your beads down the road...in magazines and books.

Lori Peterson
06-16-2006, 03:21 AM
I think they are absolutely adorable!!!

JudithJohnston
06-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Ditto what lori said, your bumble bee is too cute.
Judith

Kym
06-19-2006, 07:24 AM
I think they are excellent but .... first I must examine them carefully. Send them to me for a free assessment. Address to follow:

Ha ha :)

Much better than mine. I could be jealous. No...I will just be very pleased for you. Well Done!

PillowTalk504
07-14-2006, 10:17 AM
I just found this place while looking for glass beads to purchase online (I make glass beaded lanyards/ID badge holders so I know beads well). I had to join just to tell you how ADORABLE these are and your craftsmanship is admirable!!! Keep up the good work!!

adaus
11-11-2006, 04:19 PM
so special