PDA

View Full Version : Another try with colour

Geoff
02-13-2002, 02:37 PM
Hi,

Following on from my post with a colour portrait that was dull. Many thanks for all the kind comments and the helpful hints.

I've now tried with colour pencil ( easy, quick and I can do it at work on a night-shift !! ).

I know there are some problems, especially as I made a mistake or two and couldn't alter the pencil once it was on the paper.

But the question is : This looks better ????

Comments appreciated.

Geoff
02-13-2002, 02:37 PM
This time, I'll add the image...

djstar
02-14-2002, 02:05 AM
YOU ever were having trouble.
The picture 'reads' because the darks are where the darks should be and the lights are where the lights should be. What happens in between is irrelevant!
This is another post with a similar problem (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2307) to what you were wondering about in that earlier post.
Click on it and see if the demos in there are enlightening about how to use value WITH color.
When you can get a handle on the values, THEN work on the color.
I see it being very blue. That is NOT a natural color, but it is very functional. Like DYSfunctional families don't work...all it needs to do is function in a value and the color will work!
I believe you will learn color better if you choose arbitrary colors with the right value, and make tonal pictures. Then you can learn how to see color AS value and it will be much easier!
dj*

Geoff
02-17-2002, 07:02 AM
Thanks dj*. I think..