PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Problem...

leesmith
02-13-2002, 12:19 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a guy trying to pay me using paypal, I sent an invoice. When he clicks the invoice link and tries to pay with a credit card, paypal tells him I do not accept credit cards, when in fact, I do. Most of my payments received are thru PP via credit card. I have a Premier verified account, already have checked my preferences and they are set ok, he is from US. I've emailed PP customer service but it can sometimes take them a few days to respond.

Have any of you had this problem with Paypal, and do you recall how it was corrected?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Lee

jackddavis
02-13-2002, 12:35 PM
My guess is that the problem is on his end. Has he registered his credit card with PayPal?

leesmith
02-13-2002, 06:22 PM
Thanks Jack.

Yes, he said it was, he is verified. Guess it's a glitch, will have to try something else. I surely want his $! LOL.

Lee

CarlyHardy
02-13-2002, 08:14 PM
Lee, tell him to go directly to the PayPal site and use your email address to pay. There might be a problem with the way the link is set up and if he pays you direct thru email, the payment might be okay.

I think the problem is at his end if its not accepting the credit card.
carly

leesmith
02-13-2002, 08:57 PM
Hey Carly!

He did that first, tried to just pay my email but it said " Seller does not accept credit cards." Then I sent him an invoice from paypal, and it gave him the same message when he tried to pay the invoice. Sheesh!

Have you guys ever called the phone number for customer service at paypal? I noticed there is one on the site.

He could send me a money order, I told him it would probably get here before I get a response from paypal.

Thanks Carly!

Lee

fmarsh
02-14-2002, 04:32 PM
Lee
Paypal made a change a few months ago and only allow Premier and Business accounts to use credit cards. If you did not upgrade at the time that may be your problem. I did and it works fine. They charge the seller a small fee for the transaction. Here is the help link<p>

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_help-ext&eloc=9&loc=1
<P>

Fred

jackddavis
02-14-2002, 04:35 PM
Aha! That explains why I haven't ahd this problem. I also upgraded to a business account....

leesmith
02-14-2002, 05:26 PM
Hi Fred and everybody,

I upgraded to premier a while back b/c of just that reason and I've been receiving credit card payments on a regular basis via paypal.

Do premier accounts have a limit on the amount that can be accepted? Maybe I better check that out. I know the personal account did.

I haven't yet heard from Pay pal cust serv.

Thanks!

Lee

fmarsh
02-15-2002, 02:02 AM
Lee,
There is no limit on credit cards, the product spiel say one can accept unlimited credit card payments. Sounds like your customer may have the problem. <p>

Fred

leesmith
02-15-2002, 08:17 AM
This gets more interesting.

Paypal checked my account and contacted me; they said my preferences are set to "Non credit card funded payments only".

There is no selection under prefs listed like that, it's about clear as mud. Damon @PP left out a step in the "fix" he sent me and he didn't indicate WHICH EXACTLY of my prefs were set wrong.

As it turns out, a member on another board said it is the 4th from item the top ( not numbered ) under the Payment Receiving Preferences. The selection is about bank accounts and confirmed addresses and makes no sense with re: to Damon's instructions that selection must be set to "NO" in order to accept credit cards, mine was set to YES.

Now, my next question is WHO changed my prefs or HOW were they changed? My prefs must have been set to receive CC, because I've always been paid via credit card @ Paypal!

I'm really scratching my head, this is a mystery and kind of creepy!
If I didn't change it, who DID?

Lee

kjsspot
02-15-2002, 11:54 AM
It sounds as though he does not have a comfirmed bank account yet. You know, where they make a random small deposit and they tell Paypal what the amount was that was deposited. If you had this set to yes, and he was unconfirmed, then you are set to not receive his payment because his bank account is unconfirmed.

Your other payments has no problem because they all had confirmed banks.

BUT there is a note on that pref saying that even if you had yes down, you would still get CC payments. That option is only about bank payments. I don't know if Debit Cards apply here or not.

Is that any clearer?

leesmith
02-15-2002, 12:54 PM
kjsspot,

That's probably it.

He is a verified member. When he sent payment this morning, it didn't automatically go into my account, I had to choose "accept" to receive his payment, I had set that pref to case by case.

Thanks!

Lee