PDA

View Full Version : Cockatiels

seejay
02-13-2002, 05:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I've already posted this in the Animal forum, but what the hey!

These are cockatiels, but I prefer to call them quarrians.

Marker sketchs on an old letter, so some print shows through. Sorry!

Chris

artdude
02-13-2002, 11:46 AM
Enjoyed your sketches Chris :) You must have been in the mood to sketch and just grabbed whatever paper was close to you. Great likeness of the birds.

sassybird
02-13-2002, 05:20 PM
seejay, these are some nice little sketches. I also like the effect of the print in the background. You know things like that can add a lot of interest to a drawing.

dnip24
02-13-2002, 09:45 PM
Looks beautiful! Interesting pictures! I love Cockatiels, they are a pretty birds!

Merriel
02-13-2002, 09:56 PM
these are nice sketches. Will you take them further in a painting? I'd like to see them if you do.

Leirrem2

seejay
02-13-2002, 10:12 PM
Thanks for your comments everybody.

artdude - I'll draw on anything, but regret it later if it works out well.

sassybird - unfortunately, using paper like this for anything but sketches is probably not a good idea, it won't last...

dnip24 - cockatiels are pretty birds, but my pet one is a little horror - too many mood swings, one day sweet and nice, the next a nasty little bird who loves to bite me! :)

leirrem2 - I was originally planning on doing a painting of my pet cockatiel, and was doing some sketches to get started. Unfortunately, he got a bit older, and transmuted into a horrible little thing (see previous note), and he doesn't like sitting still on my hand much anymore!

PS: these are sketches from a book, not my little horror. He is a lovely yellow colour, and would have made a nice picture!

PPS: I do intend to paint my pet, and he isn't always nasty, so one day....

NorahT
02-13-2002, 11:33 PM
Great sketches - thanks for posting :)

seejay
02-14-2002, 01:41 AM
Hi NorahT,

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Cheers, Chris

sassybird
02-14-2002, 04:47 AM
seejay, you can use archival paper and print something off the computer you have written in a gray tone on it before you do your sketch. I have done this in some of my work and it comes out very nice. You could also do a backgroud with watercolor of writing, printing, or even sheet music. I just like the look of something like that with some sketches. I have hand written lyrics to music with light hues in watercolor for a few things, and got a lot of comments on the work. Just a few suggestions if you ever want to do anything like that on archival paper.

seejay
02-14-2002, 05:31 AM
Hey sassybird

Great idea, I'll have to try and remember this. Thanks for sharing it with me ( and everyone else!)

Chris

els
02-14-2002, 04:23 PM
Great sketchs Chris, very well done... You got him very well...

seejay
02-15-2002, 01:37 AM
Els,

Thanks for that!

Chris

RuthT
02-28-2002, 02:45 AM
Love these sketches! The one on the left has a real attitude.

I also think the print in the background adds to the atmosphere of the work.

seejay
03-01-2002, 05:38 AM
Thank you, Ruth.

These birds definitely have attitude, just as well they look good to make up for it!:)

Chris