PDA

View Full Version : On my desk#2, Bumpy Gourd ... Prismacolor Water-soluable Graphite

pinkrybns
02-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Did this last week... along with other stuff.
Prismacolor Water-soluable Graphite pencils - available only in light (HB), medium(4B) & dark(8B)
Paper: Arches printmaking cover paper - 300lb (wait, I'm not sure I think that's supposed to be gram weight...whatever) light cream color

Brushes: Talens (slelected filament) #8 flat, Kolinsky round #10 and some horribly old, small, flat, unknown, hard bristle brush to lift pigment where I didn't want it to go ... LOL
approx: 8"h x 4.25"w
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Feb-2006/22382-Gourd_ws_graphite-web.jpg

Hmm...this scan has pixelated too much... there is no greenish tint at all in this piece. :rolleyes: *sigh*

C&C welcome

JamieWG
02-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Very good rendering, Judy! Love those lumps n' bumps. Are you going to add color to this, or is it done? I like the strong contrasts and tall format. It'll look great in a frame!

Jamie

pinkrybns
02-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Hadn't planned to add color on this one Jamie... might do with some others though. Have to get a new gourd, this one got all fuzzy & white on the bottom..ewwww
thanks for looking and commenting.
:)

RobinZ
02-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Neat crop! Interesting your process that you can choose to draw it from life yet lop off part of it. Thanks for showing!!

pinkrybns
02-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Interesting your process that you can choose to draw it from life yet lop off part of it. Not 100% sure what you mean, Robin :confused:, but I'll try to explain how I see things. I am showing all that I drew here, nothing has been cropped out or lopped off in the scanning. The rather uneven edges of the black at the top are the edges I worked from in "seeing" this compostition and they continue on down both sides, 'cept they are not drawn there in reality at the bottom half on down. I sort have this viewfinder in my mind of an area I'm interested in and that's what I draw... kind of my own "mindcamera" viewfinder... make sense? :eek: I don't really know how to explain this! LOL :D

Anyway, you can draw from life without drawing everything you see...it's personal pick & choose, visual editing - which makes it more fun and hopefully, interesting.

:wave: