PDA

View Full Version : Mating Dance

Bob Rooney
02-10-2006, 06:49 AM
This is completely different than the way I normally paint. My question is, does this too closely resemble some well known old painting. Seems like I've seen something a lot like it. Does anyone know. If so I may not go any further with this. Acrylic and watercolor on paper 11 x 14
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Feb-2006/76304-Mating-dance-wc.jpg

Constellation
02-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Hi Bob.... is there a "message" here???? I'm missing it.... Donna

Bob Rooney
02-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Rythym and color was about all I was looking for. Just experimenting. Doing something much different than I usually do. I'd still like to figure out what known painting it is reminding me of?? That's why I posted it.

Corby
02-10-2006, 12:03 PM
I cannot think of a 'known' painting in particular that it reminds me of, but the theme is rather common in the Impressionist school of painting in the 18 hundreds in France. Toulouse Latrec, being one artist who painted lots of chorus girls and such doing the 'Cancan' Then Degas, of course painted the ballet extensivly and the Theatre was a favorite theme with a lot of these artists. So, as far as I can see you are in good company and not copying any of them!

Bob Rooney
02-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Glad to hear I didn't too closely imitate anything known. I have accidentally done that before and it makes me wary. I think it's good to paint something entirely silly and easy once in a while.

N2Fun
02-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Your painting made me smile. Intriguing!