PDA

View Full Version : Hello

betelzeus
02-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Hi all my name is Chris , and I started a website about a month ago for my work. I was just wondering if you could give me feedback on the main page , or any page of the site for that matter :D

The thing is ... I dont' have complete control of what the page looks like. It's more like a template site i guess. Although I can add things and change some parts to whatever i would like them to look like.
I tried to keep the main page simple , as I guess that is somewhat a reflection of what kind of person I am. Just like to keep things simple I guess :rolleyes:
Also I'm not much of a business person , and honestly nor do I really want to be. I just want to be able to do what I do and enjoy it. I don't really have much experience with websites , so i guess honestly i don't really know what I am doing when it comes to that hahah.

Anyways ... any comments or constructive criticism are welcome :)

Oh and i guess this would help lol ... the site is www.idg-art.com

Chris

BugabooBeads
02-09-2006, 04:47 AM
It looks good but it does have that generic template feel to it right which I think as you create more on it will dissapear.

I assume the picture in the top left is a template? If so, I would personally drop it. If not, I would look for a more didn't step off a magazine cover look and maybe add pictures of yourself under the artist's info.

I think your work is great and you have a great start to your website. Mine is still a huge work in process and gets better bit by bit.

Good Luck & Congrats!

You might also want to look into buying a clip art program. You can get one for around $20 and then you can add some more images and such.

betelzeus
02-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your reply :) ... And emm ... yeah the picture in the upper left is part of the site that I'm on. Unfortunately that's one part I can't change.

and thank you for the tips and advice and also for your kind words :)... i was thinking of adding some pics up ... but i guess i never did get around to it heh ... but emm .. well that and i have to find a decent pic of myself and maybe try to get that up and maybe some pics of the work on the front page.

Anyways though ... thank you again :)

Oh and I emm ... went and checked out your site and your jewelry. The lampworked beads are really nice :)