PDA

View Full Version : New book - lots of pastel images

jackiesimmonds
02-08-2006, 01:39 PM
For those of you who like to collect books which show contemporary pastel images, there is a new book out called THE ART OF PASTEL written and presented by Sylvie Cabal, president of Art due Pastel en France.

The book contains lots of images - 148 pages in fact; has forewords (and works) by Barbara Fischman, President of the Pastel Society of america; from the President of the Moscow Pastellists; the President of PSEC, Eastern Canada's pastel society; the Chairman of the association of Polish pastellists; the President of Arte del Pastello Piemonte; , and a preface from the curator of Drawings and Pastels at the State Hermitage Museum in St. petersbourg, Russia. There is comment from Jean-Roch Sauer, VP of Sennelier. The pastellists shown in the book are from all over the world - USA (lots including Elizabeth Mowry), Canada, Russia, France, Italy, UK (including me!) Switzerland, Poland, Morocco, Israel, Scotland, Portugal. It is mostly representational work, with just a few abstracts in there, not more than about 3 or 4 though.

The book will cost $28 in the US, £18 in the UK. If anyone is desperate to have one, I have a couple of spare copies I am prepared to send out. Otherwise, to find out how to get one, you can have a look at the Art Du Pastel En France website: www.artdupastelenfrance.com

Books with LOTS of different pastel images aren't alwyas easy to find, and so this one is quite a treasure.

Jackie

Bringer
02-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi Jackie,

I went to the site and didn't see that tittle.

Kind regards,

Josť

dlake
02-08-2006, 07:25 PM
I came across that book title somewhere but, can't remember where.
diane

jackiesimmonds
02-09-2006, 06:30 AM
well, sorry they haven't put it onto their site, seems a bit daft. But it is VERY new.
Keep your eyes peeled for it, that is all I can suggest. perhaps ask your library - ISBN 2-9520830-4-5

I think they produced it themselves.