PDA

View Full Version : Missed the 2/8 FND

orchidlover6
02-11-2002, 09:33 PM
I missed the FND Friday and couldn't find where the pics were posted so I guessed what the topic was by looking at everyone elses posts. Here's an orchid from orchidlover6 for all you other FNDers.

It's 8x11" pencil and charcoal drawing of a phragmipedium orchid. It took approximately 75 minutes to finish it. PLEASE let me know when and where the next one is. I'd like to try and join if my fam doesn't make other plans for me. Hope you enjoy my orchid. cya later.

orchidlover6
02-11-2002, 09:42 PM
so here's the picture. i don't know why it didn't post before .:o

sherville
02-11-2002, 10:19 PM
Nice phramiip...fragmip....fregped...phra... Nice orchid!! :D

Glad you had a go at the FND topic, this is lovley.

orchidlover6
02-12-2002, 10:28 AM
THANKS SHERVILLE.

greencook
02-12-2002, 03:01 PM
Wow orchidlover,
This is really cool. You've done a great job with the detailing. It looks so real. Was this one of your plants modelling for you? Sorry, I don't know the names of orchids much, but I like them all. I had a lot of fun doing the one I did in graphite and charcoal.
The next scheduled FND is this Friday at 8:00 PM Eastern. Animal is the scheduled host, so guess what the topic will be! Actually, he may surprise us. That's half the fun, not knowing - although I wasn't surprised that Arlene chose flowers. She chose some good ones though.
Glad you could join us and look forward to you joining us in the future.

Have a great day! :)

orchidlover6
02-12-2002, 03:21 PM
Actually this is an orchid on the front of the latest Orchid magazine put out the the American Orchid Society. This particular orchid likes cool. very low light conditions and I live in the south where it gets extremely hot in the summers. This is probably more info you care to know. My collections are full of vandas (high heat and high, high light) a few catteleyas (very fragrant when in bloom) and several Phalenopsis (common moth orchids) Thanks for you comments about my phrag... hope to be able to join you on Friday, it depends on my schedule. (my family has a way of planning things with out my knowledge sometimes)