PDA

View Full Version : Russell Crowe caricature

Witty
02-11-2002, 08:24 PM
For those that have seen my previous thread - this is for an Australian caricature competition...

A4 size (so pretty small and good for framing) and painted in oils - my first caricature in oils! (usually I use watercolours/gouache/pencils).

Any comments?

By the way, the red and green scarfe around his neck (and shirt) is Russell's favourite Aussie footy team..

Witty
02-11-2002, 08:37 PM
whhhooopsss. I didn't realised that it scanned so dark! Here is a lighter version..
:angel:

TeAnne
02-11-2002, 09:01 PM
Hi witty,
It's been awhile since I looked in here. Welcome to WC :D
This is exceptional :) Good luck with the competition. This looks like our Rusty for sure :D

Jason Seiler
02-12-2002, 12:03 PM
Brad,

Looks nice....what's the competition for?

Love the coloring....nice rendering!:D
Keep of the GREAT work!

Take care,:evil:

dnip24
02-12-2002, 12:15 PM
looks pretty funny! How did you did it ?

Rose Queen
02-12-2002, 06:42 PM
Great one, Witty! And welcome to WetCanvas!

Witty
02-17-2002, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

The competition is just a caricature competition - of any Australian celebrity, whether it be sports/movies or politics.

It usually has about 100 + entries mainly from caricaturists that work for the major newspapers.. The contest travels around Australia in Sydney and Melbourne and for the entry that does not win, they try and sell (with the guy who organises it, getting a cut of 25% - not bad eh?).

I also entered a pic of Pat Rafter (tennis player) that I mentioned on this website a couple of weeks ago. I actually managed to scan his face, so I'll include it here (last time the pic looked bad as I took it with a digital camera).

Take it easy!
Brad (aka : Witty)

PS - For Jason - see you in Jan's contest, I did a Pierce Brosnan about 4 months ago which I'm pretty happy with.........