PDA

View Full Version : New set of GA's arrive

johndill01
02-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Have had these on order for 1 week. Finally arrived today, and imagine my surprise when I opened the box and about 80% of the sticks were the new square format. Really do like the GA's. They are fast becoming a favorite, expecially for the final layers. This is a picture of the Richard McDaniel plein aire assortment of 85 sticks. There was even a complete color chart enclosed in the box with the pastels. Lucious!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Feb-2006/50746-newyear06_074.jpg

Have to get busy and paint a picture now. Lost all my excuses, except for re-locating my muse.:D

John

binkie
02-07-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm salivating over those gorgeous pastels!!!!

binkie

Paula Ford
02-07-2006, 10:43 PM
LOVE using square ones! Beautiful set John!

Paula

Khadres
02-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Yep! Best get busy! Gorgeous set! Of course, who am I to talk...finally got my new full set of half stick Mt. Visions bedded down in their new tray, so I need to get busy too! How bout you do a sketch for the Sketch thread and I'll do one too? Deal? Something small and fun!

dlake
02-07-2006, 11:07 PM
YUMMY I got my floral set a few weeks ago and didnt get that many squares. You lucky duck. I love the colors. You have the greens I need. I love the look of that set. ohhhhh. drolllll.
diane

jmp
02-08-2006, 12:59 AM
I'm really glad u showed this- I was going to order the same set but now I think it doesn't have the earthy nuetrals i want- maybe i could use some of the oranges and greens, but I already have dozens of those bright colors -I'd LOVE to use them, but don't really need them....hmmmm, now what do I do?

johndill01
02-08-2006, 08:01 AM
Sooz, I'll take you up on the challenge for sketch thread. Might need a couple of days to finish a larger work that's on the easel now.

By the way, I don't think that the new squares are any harder, just think that they feel just as buttery as the rounds. (Might be wrong, just one opinion.)

John

dlake
02-08-2006, 10:17 AM
John, Oh no. YOu are not wrong. I got a few of the square sticks in my set and they are exactly the same texture as the rounds. But, is it me or do the squares seem a little larger than the rounds???? thicker
diane

johndill01
02-08-2006, 07:49 PM
diane, I think that this is what you are referring to. Both of these drawing are the same size.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Feb-2006/50746-shapes.jpg
I think that they are both the same size, just that the square feels larger and definitely more bang for the buck if both sticks are the same price.

John

dlake
02-08-2006, 07:54 PM
that is true John. I really like the greens in your set. Actually it's a totally beautiful set.
diane

johndill01
02-08-2006, 09:47 PM
So far, I am really pleased with this set. Between these, the MV's that I bought a few weeks ago from open stock, and my unison's, plus a few ludwigs, I really don't have any excuse not to paint. Whether it looks like anything is really another matter. Just can't blame it on the pastel's anymore.

John

Tracy Lang
02-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Wow, great selection...another one I'm going to have to add to my wish list... I really love working with those GA's!

Tracy