PDA

View Full Version : Me & My Teddy Scratchboard WIP

TrickyV
02-05-2006, 10:40 PM
TrickyV
Kelowna, B.C.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Feb-2006/62776-Picture_002_resize.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Feb-2006/62776-Picture_001_resize.jpg --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a story and a half ! My Daughter is now 50 and I photographed her when she was 15. I caught this pic as she sat on the floor with the light coming from the window. I grabed my camera and was ready to shoot when she posed ! Ahh, it was awful so I asked her to go get her favourite teddy. She did and that wonderful child love shone through. I finally got up the nerve to try the drawing . It took 22 trys and I ended up with this. The scatchboard is now started !! Smooth black Clayboard 11" x 14" .
The teddy is a 1950 Steiff Teddy Bear. ...... Victor

Mary Woodul
02-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Victor, this is gorgeous and very expressive. It does show the love!

TrickyV
02-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Mary.....Thanks a bunch, yes I agree the Love does shine through.

Jakeally
02-06-2006, 12:35 PM
That is a beautiful drawing Victor. Can't wait to see the finished scratch.
It is so hard to capture that very special moment but I think you succeeded here:clap: :clap:

valchina612
02-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Victor, I just love this. You have captured your daughter's happy and loving personality beautifully. The Steif Bear is great too -- that's exactly how they look. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

TrickyV
02-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Chris....Oh, thank you so much. I think this latest post is almost finished I hope. Unless I get some words to the contrary then I will assume it is done !!

Val... thank you my friend , I am please you like it. Our regards to your Mom & Dad.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Feb-2006/62776-Picture_002.jpg

Mary Woodul
02-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Victor, this is just gorgeous. Do you go over it again with some kind of color to make it darker? I see a greenish tint in the background.

TrickyV
02-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Mary....No, no color. I'm afraid this is the fault of my computer. I guess I'll have to play with the computer and see if I can make it pure B & W.

valchina612
02-14-2006, 03:35 AM
Victor, this is the most amazing piece of scratchwork. Your daughter is going to be thrilled to bits when she sees this. What a clever Papa she has!!!! The entire piece is stunning. Thankyou so much for your best wishes for my Mum and Dad. Unfortunately my Dad has had a fourth fall, which hasn't done his fractured pelvis and crushed rib a lot of good. I kind of feel that I'm living on a knife edge at the moment, as I am hoping with all of my heart that he will mend without any more problems.
I am just so thankful for WC and my Guide duties -- they keep me moving ahead in a positive way.

I love your work Victor. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

tvandeb
02-14-2006, 11:34 AM
This a beautiful piece of work. I can see the pure joy in the young girls face.
What a wonderful cheerful piece of work.
Tammy Jo

TrickyV
02-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi Tammy Jo......Welcome to WC. New blood is always welcome. Thank you for looking. If Clayboard (scratchboard) piques your interest then there are a lot of scratchers to help you. You will find most of them in Pen & Ink and Mixed Media. Looking forward to seeing lots of your work....Victor :wave: