PDA

View Full Version : Another Abstract Ink

artdude
02-11-2002, 01:03 PM
Well, here is another attempt at some colored inks. On 140lb watercolor paper. I guess the things I would like to know are: How are my color combinations and how is the overall design? Do the colors compliment each other and is the design fairly balanced?

PS: Any sugestions as to what I should name this piece??

Thanks in advance for your comments :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Feb-2002/abstract1copy.jpg
Title: Abstract #1 (didn't know what to call it)
Size: 11" X 15"

seejay
02-11-2002, 06:57 PM
Hi artdude,

Very colourful! Looks like fun.:) I did something along these lines in an workshop once, lots of turps and a little oil paint.

A bit too pink for my taste, I think. However, I won't critique your colours because my colour knowledge is next to nothing.

It reminds me of a bunch of flowers reflected below in a mirror.

Chris

dnip24
02-11-2002, 09:59 PM
Well, in my opinion the color combination looks one and only!
I love that pink combination with blue and flowers! Good job!

kitaye
02-11-2002, 10:23 PM
Colours are too bright for me personally. Reminds me of the 70's flower power signs. MAybe you should call it Dinosaurs on Acid

sassybird
02-12-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by kitaye
MAybe you should call it Dinosaurs on Acid

LOL kitaye That is a great title:D

artdude

I like the bright colors and the color combinations. You just keep on pumping out these little ditties:D There are a lot of us old hippies around that appreciate them:o :D :o

NorahT
02-12-2002, 08:25 AM
I like the colours and they are nicely balanced. I can see flowers in this abstract - you could name it "Floral Fantasy" :) Only critique is that there may be a little too much of the very dark blue.

artdude
02-12-2002, 11:12 AM
Thanks all, for your thoughts on this piece. I really enjoy doing the abstract art thing. You can just let yourself go with this stuff. I never know what I am going to get in the end. Some I like and some I don't. I really like this one. Think I might need to get back to some line work or stippling soon. Thanks again for taking time to comment :D

Axl
02-25-2002, 08:15 PM
I really love how wonderfull the pink and the blue go together. I think they're just a faburlous combination! I raelly enjoy this peice, it makes me feel quite happy and good on the inside. You're so wonderful!