PDA

View Full Version : ebay fees

Kashifa
02-11-2002, 08:17 AM
hi, i'm very new in Ebay, i have seller account and i sold one of my art work. since a two months i am not selling any thing on it. But
ebay chargeing me $2.20 every month.
Why its chargeing me this amount while im not selling any thing.

timelady
02-11-2002, 05:54 PM
Well you say you're not selling, do you mean you're not listing anything? If you have not been listing any items you need to contact eBay support and email them about being wrongly billed. (The link is in eBay - go to the help section and work your way through.)

If you are listing, but just not getting winners bidders, then you are still charged for the listing fees. Listing an item isn't free. Strangely, $2.20 is an actual listing fee amount so eBay may think you're listing or relisting an item. (I only know that because it's nearly always my listing fee. :))

Hope that helps! There are forum boards over on eBay too where you can get more specific help from other eBay sellers (under the Community link).

Tina.

Kashifa
02-12-2002, 08:06 AM
Thanks for your intrest.

Kashifa
02-12-2002, 08:37 AM
I understand now, its chargeing me $2.20 for insertion fees, and only one time relisting is free on Ebay.

In my case, 1. i start my action, 2. i relist it, then 3 again i relist, so i think when i relist AGAIN, ebay charges me its insertion fees.

if i am right, then what you think i should do next, 'll i relist it again, and till its sold and pay its insertion fees or just stop it and safe my insertion fees.

One more thing, ebay return insertion fees, when item has been sold. and its charges final value only.

CarlyHardy
02-12-2002, 06:01 PM
Ebay only refunds your relisting fee for the first time you relist and if the item sells. If the item doesn't sell after you relist it once, you should create a new auction if you still want to try and sell the painting, then if it doesn't sell you can relist, and that fee will be refunded if it sells this time.

The first relisting fee is the only one refunded.
carly