PDA

View Full Version : I get to take a class with Dianna!!

Kathryn Day
02-03-2006, 08:31 PM
I am going to get to take a 2 day workshop with Dianna Ponting in March. I missed the last one she had there due to health problems. My daughter went to the last one and said she learned so much. So we are both going to this new one. I am so excited. Need to get my plane ticket. It is in Kalispell, Montana, if anyone lives close. On March 16, 17.:clap: :) :)

Bringer
02-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi Kathy,

Congratulations !

I don't live close, but I will if you buy me a ticket....with return please.... :-)

Regards,

Josť

Kathryn Day
02-03-2006, 08:53 PM
I wish I could Jose, would love to meet you. I promise I will start a post when I get back with all that I learned and hopefully retained. lol The old mind isn't what it used to be.

dlake
02-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Kathy, I am soooooooo jealous you luck devil you.
I would love to take even a few hours with her. i so envy you.
soak it all in and then write me and tell me everything
diane

CindyW
02-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Kathy, I hope to have the close relationship with my daughter when she's a young woman as you have with your daughter. That is pretty special, to share such creativity and such an experience together. And taking a workshop with Dianna would be a highlight of the year, I know. Can you take some pix to share with us? I'd love to pretend I was there, too. :)
Cindy

Kathryn Day
02-04-2006, 12:23 AM
Hi Diane and Cindy, I will take my camera with me and get some pictures of the workshop. Dixie and I have always been close, but sharing the experience of painting has brought us even closer. I am really looking forward to meeting Dianna, she seems such a warm, friendly person.

prettytulips
02-04-2006, 02:20 AM
No kidding, Diana is a warm and friendly person. She comes to San Clemente in July and I am so ready for that!!!

Khadres
02-04-2006, 02:54 AM
How wonderful for you, Katy! I'm sure you'll love the workshop and come away with all kinds of new skills! Enjoy!

Dark_Shades
02-04-2006, 06:26 AM
Excellent Katy ........ cant you get an air ticket to the UK lol .. some of us are joining in Dianna's workshop here in May 15 -17th
....... Bringer, you can always drive over here....... nice pub to stay in ......
Katy, cant wait to hear all your news and see the pics....

Am excited for you

*Marina*
02-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Great Katy... Looking forward to reading your story. I am going across to England in May to join Diannna there. Will be nice to meet you there Dark Shades.

Dark_Shades
02-04-2006, 08:40 AM
You too applebee ........ doesnt the pub and rooms/food look lovely..... might consider staying there too :)

Dark_Shades
02-04-2006, 08:40 AM
**double posting :P

*Marina*
02-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Dark Shades, I have booked a room in the pub. Looks lovely.

Bringer
02-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Excellent Katy ........ cant you get an air ticket to the UK lol .. some of us are joining in Dianna's workshop here in May 15 -17th
....... Bringer, you can always drive over here....... nice pub to stay in ......
Katy, cant wait to hear all your news and see the pics....

Am excited for you

Yes.....but the food is lousy:p

Best regards,

Josť

Dark_Shades
02-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Yes.....but the food is lousy:p

Best regards,

Josť

Then BRING your own Bringer (double) :p :p lol
...... Nothing like starting an International Incident eh ;)

Bringer
02-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi again .....

I don't want to put your food in the SHADE...... :-)

Regards,

Josť

Tracy Lang
02-04-2006, 11:44 PM
OOOOOHHHH, Kathy, you luck...you get to take it in March! I'm in Kelly's (prettytulips) neighborhood in SoCal and we have to wait until July! lol I'm so excited that we have this fab opportunity in our backyard cuz I would definitely fly across the country to attend one of Dianna's workshops. Can't wait to see your accomplishments.

Tracy

bluefish
02-05-2006, 06:37 PM
WHO, pray tell, is Dianna Ponting?

prettytulips
02-06-2006, 02:02 AM
The 21st centry Master Pastelist. www.ponting.com

eyeinthesky
02-06-2006, 05:52 AM
Dawn and Marina, I too am joining the Sudbury workshop in May, look forward to meeting you both there. I will try to book in to the Elizabeth later.

Dave

*Marina*
02-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Will be nice to meet you too, Dave.

Trilby
02-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Katy, so happy you're going to get to do this, though sorry I won't meet you afterall. The workshop Dianna and I have been working on for Hereford (Sierra Vista) Arizona has come together scheduled for Sept. 23,24 2006. So any of you, especially in the Western side of the country have another option if you missed the others. Details are on Dianna's website, ponting.com I surely hope some of the WC folk will be attending so I can meet you but I'm as excited as can be that I'll be taking the class with Dianna in my own backyard during the prettiest time of year here. Katy have a ton of fun and learn lots.
TJ

Dark_Shades
02-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Dawn and Marina, I too am joining the Sudbury workshop in May, look forward to meeting you both there. I will try to book in to the Elizabeth later.

Dave

Ohhhh hi Dave, will be nice to meet you too, I saw your name on the email and wondered who you were :) - lol, there will be no mistaking you in the group of ladies :wink2: