PDA

View Full Version : Question re signature.

gayelyn
02-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Hi, I always sign on the back and front of my aceo's. Because I have a rather long name sometimes I only initial on the front and sign on the back. Could anyone let me know if this is acceptable.

redtreestudio
02-03-2006, 10:12 PM
I don't know if there is a standard for signatures on ACEOs.

I've always signed/dated the back.

Ocassionally, if the card is very special, I'll inital the front as well.

I have always felt it is important for everyones' cards to be clearly documented.

The chance of any of us becoming the next Andy Warhol is exceedingly slim, but who knows...

maybe fairy tales can come true...:)

valchina612
02-04-2006, 03:01 AM
Hi Gayelyn,

I don't think there is any hard and fast rule about signatures. I have been looking at a lot of the ACEOs on ebay, and I've noticed that many artists initial the front, and sign and date the back. Many also give the card a title, which I think is a good idea.
Personally, I initial it on the front if it isn't going to affect the design (and if I remember it :rolleyes: ), but always title, sign and date the back. I also like to write "Handpainted Original" between the Title and my Signature. That's just what I do, and I'm sure many others do theirs in a similar manner and some totally different.

Val. :wave:

darlingart
02-04-2006, 08:18 AM
I initial the front because my name is too long and would detract from the image, and sign the back with my legal signature. There are no hard and fast rules though.

Michelle

JamieWG
02-04-2006, 09:32 AM
On any painting 8x10" or smaller, I generally initial the front and sign the back. That includes my ACEO size work. I feel a full signature, no matter how obscurely placed and colored, just takes up too much of the artwork at that size and demands too much attention.

Jamie

gayelyn
02-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks all for the info. I feel easier about it now. :)

champagneharley
02-08-2006, 09:44 AM
I sometimes initial the front (but rarely). Always sign the back, as well as print my name with copyright symbol and date.
(As well as ACEO number, title, medium, website.)
:)
~Jillian

TeAnne
02-09-2006, 11:03 AM
I sign front and back. Just TeAnne 06