PDA

View Full Version : Finished: "Keeping Clean" ..Latest work from life

ChuckL
02-03-2006, 06:17 PM
..Here's a WIP...I'll finish this tomorrow and hopefully I'll have a sunny day to be able to get a decent pic to post when this is complete. (been raining alot here in South Jersey)... Set up was kindof awkward. My bathroom is really tiny, so I had to sit on a stool and balance canvas against the wall to paint.
oil/canvas 16x20 c&c always welcome
...chuck
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Feb-2006/49402-soap04.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Feb-2006/49402-soap14.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Feb-2006/49402-soap2.jpg

Katherine T
02-03-2006, 06:27 PM
What a neat idea!

James or Jimmy Jim
02-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Well, Chuck, at least you don't have far to go for cleaning up! :D

Looking good.

JamieWG
02-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Chuck, lol....This suits your themes so well. :) Wow, those are BIG bars of soap if that's a 16x20 canvas. Makes me want to jump right into the shower. This is very clever...looking forward to seeing your finish.

(If you drop me a PM when you post the finish, I'll change your subject line to indicate that it's done so folks can check back. :) )

Jamie

pameladallaire
02-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Neat painting! I've never thought of painting in the bathroom. Considering we spend so much time in there!:D

rain24
02-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Chuck,

I'm glad you posted this in it's own thread :). I saw this the WOYE forum and have been meaning to post a reply. I really love the colors in them. Now I finally know what they are! *LOL* I liked them for the colors and the shapes but I kept wondering what they were a painting of ;).

~Rain :music:

Helen Zapata
02-05-2006, 12:11 PM
I can't wait to see the finish! You had me studying the bar of soap next to the sink last night. heehee!

Helen

LarrySeiler
02-05-2006, 12:22 PM
uh oh...my wife gets mad enough at me bringing an art magazine into the bathroom to what she calls, "camp".... hhmm...

intriguing Chuck!!!!

jmp
02-05-2006, 12:33 PM
hello- I just spent the last 6 yrs in LBI and Manahawkin- only been to linwood once, they have an Orchid Greenhouse there, AND a Talbots, right?

I read about this soap thing in another thread...very interesting! But, the rain has stopped, time to get out of the bathroom! What brand of soaps are they, anyway??
Jennifer

ChuckL
02-05-2006, 01:43 PM
..Thankyou for all the commentary folks, the positive and often constructive feedback I get here at WC is a wonderful thing.
..Here is the finished piece, finally had some real light today, but for some reason I've had the darndest time getting a true pic of this, the camera really seems to get thrown off by bright orange...now I'm thinking about buying other soaps...just for their color harmonies:)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Feb-2006/49402-soapdone.jpg
...detail
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Feb-2006/49402-soap_detail.jpg

ChuckL
02-05-2006, 01:52 PM
..oh almost forgot
Irish Spring Ice, Acme Generic deodorant soap and of course Dove:D
..also Jennifer, I live just few blocks from Off's Orchid greenhouses..they serve a good portion of the east coast..I've done many orchid paintings over the years:) ...not sure about Talbots?
Thanks again everyone
...chuck

JamieWG
02-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm off to buy stock in Crabtree & Evelyn before Chuck arrives to buy soaps. :wave:

Looks great. I see a series. :D :evil:

jmp
02-05-2006, 02:25 PM
chuck-
Do they let you take photos at the orchid place? I was up the street getting a painting photographed by someone there and discovered the place by accident-just walking through there is overwhelming to the senses, isn't it?

Talbots is somewhere on the west side of rt. 9- its in a shopping center that also has a gallery and a nice cheese shop/lunchenette kind of place. It's a high end conservative type clothing store (well-to-do yuppie clothes!)

I love the shore area, it's a great part of NJ

Helen Zapata
02-05-2006, 02:44 PM
This came out so great! I love the Dove bar (ooo Dove Bars, yum).. the whites, greys, oranges in it are fabulous! I love the tub! And you caught the Irish Spring bar perfectly and the orange Acme bar too! It's ALL good!

The only one I guessed wrong was the generic orange bar. I thought it was Dial. :)

Helen

Shelley Grund
02-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Chuck - This painting turned out spectacular! Great sense of light and you captured a wonderful feel of 3D. Love the WIP photos!:clap:

pinkrybns
02-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Gee this is great...and the bar of Dove is really cool.

Tiny bathroom or not, this is wonderful.

gallery318
02-05-2006, 07:31 PM
I really enjoyed seeing this "everyday" kind of image turned into a great work of art. The colors are fantastic! I can almost smell the clean, freshness of the subject matter. :) Very creative!

rain24
02-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Great finish! Mmmm...all of a sudden I'm longing to take a shower...*LOL*. After all, I have to get all this acrylic primer off me.

Beautiful take on everyday items Chuck!

~Rain

Katherine T
02-06-2006, 04:30 AM
You've got a real good strong sense of the depth of field in this image.

I think I may see a teeny weeny bit more yellow in the bottom of the bath - but then I'm looking at the photo not the real thing...........