View Full Version : Finished: "Keeping Clean" ..Latest work from life

02-03-2006, 05:17 PM
..Here's a WIP...I'll finish this tomorrow and hopefully I'll have a sunny day to be able to get a decent pic to post when this is complete. (been raining alot here in South Jersey)... Set up was kindof awkward. My bathroom is really tiny, so I had to sit on a stool and balance canvas against the wall to paint.
oil/canvas 16x20 c&c always welcome

Katherine T
02-03-2006, 05:27 PM
What a neat idea!

James or Jimmy Jim
02-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Well, Chuck, at least you don't have far to go for cleaning up! :D

Looking good.

02-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Chuck, lol....This suits your themes so well. :) Wow, those are BIG bars of soap if that's a 16x20 canvas. Makes me want to jump right into the shower. This is very clever...looking forward to seeing your finish.

(If you drop me a PM when you post the finish, I'll change your subject line to indicate that it's done so folks can check back. :) )

02-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Neat painting! I've never thought of painting in the bathroom. Considering we spend so much time in there!:D

02-05-2006, 10:43 AM

I'm glad you posted this in it's own thread :). I saw this the WOYE forum and have been meaning to post a reply. I really love the colors in them. Now I finally know what they are! *LOL* I liked them for the colors and the shapes but I kept wondering what they were a painting of ;).

~Rain :music:

Helen Zapata
02-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I can't wait to see the finish! You had me studying the bar of soap next to the sink last night. heehee!

02-05-2006, 11:22 AM
uh oh...my wife gets mad enough at me bringing an art magazine into the bathroom to what she calls, "camp".... hhmm...

intriguing Chuck!!!!

02-05-2006, 11:33 AM
hello- I just spent the last 6 yrs in LBI and Manahawkin- only been to linwood once, they have an Orchid Greenhouse there, AND a Talbots, right?

I read about this soap thing in another thread...very interesting! But, the rain has stopped, time to get out of the bathroom! What brand of soaps are they, anyway??

02-05-2006, 12:43 PM
..Thankyou for all the commentary folks, the positive and often constructive feedback I get here at WC is a wonderful thing.
..Here is the finished piece, finally had some real light today, but for some reason I've had the darndest time getting a true pic of this, the camera really seems to get thrown off by bright orange...now I'm thinking about buying other soaps...just for their color harmonies:)

02-05-2006, 12:52 PM
..oh almost forgot
Irish Spring Ice, Acme Generic deodorant soap and of course Dove:D
..also Jennifer, I live just few blocks from Off's Orchid greenhouses..they serve a good portion of the east coast..I've done many orchid paintings over the years:) ...not sure about Talbots?
Thanks again everyone

02-05-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm off to buy stock in Crabtree & Evelyn before Chuck arrives to buy soaps. :wave:

Looks great. I see a series. :D :evil:

02-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Do they let you take photos at the orchid place? I was up the street getting a painting photographed by someone there and discovered the place by accident-just walking through there is overwhelming to the senses, isn't it?

Talbots is somewhere on the west side of rt. 9- its in a shopping center that also has a gallery and a nice cheese shop/lunchenette kind of place. It's a high end conservative type clothing store (well-to-do yuppie clothes!)

I love the shore area, it's a great part of NJ

Helen Zapata
02-05-2006, 01:44 PM
This came out so great! I love the Dove bar (ooo Dove Bars, yum).. the whites, greys, oranges in it are fabulous! I love the tub! And you caught the Irish Spring bar perfectly and the orange Acme bar too! It's ALL good!

The only one I guessed wrong was the generic orange bar. I thought it was Dial. :)

Shelley Grund
02-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Chuck - This painting turned out spectacular! Great sense of light and you captured a wonderful feel of 3D. Love the WIP photos!:clap:

02-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Gee this is great...and the bar of Dove is really cool.

Tiny bathroom or not, this is wonderful.

02-05-2006, 06:31 PM
I really enjoyed seeing this "everyday" kind of image turned into a great work of art. The colors are fantastic! I can almost smell the clean, freshness of the subject matter. :) Very creative!

02-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Great finish! Mmmm...all of a sudden I'm longing to take a shower...*LOL*. After all, I have to get all this acrylic primer off me.

Beautiful take on everyday items Chuck!

Katherine T
02-06-2006, 03:30 AM
You've got a real good strong sense of the depth of field in this image.

I think I may see a teeny weeny bit more yellow in the bottom of the bath - but then I'm looking at the photo not the real thing...........