PDA

View Full Version : In The Red MK2 - WIP

Nitsa
02-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Some of you may remember my piece entitled "In The Red" (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293975) ...Well, it recently sold. :) Two people showed interest in a matter of days and the 2nd was so sad to have missed out that they have commissioned me to paint it again.

Now the client wanted it exactly the same, obviously taking into account that it is an original and no 2 pieces are ever identical, I agreed but wanted to alter it slightly to keep it as original as possible, I feel I owe my first client that.
So, I have zoomed in just a tad from the original piece, making the roses slightly larger and closing the composition down just a couple of inches. I've also opened the whole rose up a tad, without comparing the two pieces you would hardly notice but it makes me feel better.

Does it still work/look ok?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Feb-2006/18769-InTheRed3.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Feb-2006/18769-WIP2.JPG
The original stage 1................and the new stage 1.

idylbrush
02-03-2006, 10:03 AM
so far so good. keep at it!

gurleygirl
02-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Scrumptious, as always!!!
Tracey

gurleygirl
02-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Anita, I have a few questions, if you don't mind.
If you do these on chunky gallery wrap canvas, do you paint the sides?
If you do, do you continue the roses around on the sides?
Tracey

Dewi
02-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Does it still work/look ok?

It's always work for Nitsa's Roses, and it looks going to be beautiful too.
Sorry to missed the 1st one, and looking forward for the next steps.

idylbrush
02-03-2006, 11:24 AM
This whole thing of making duplicates of images has me thinking about a friend who is a "setting" painter in oils. Setting painter as in a scene of a courtyard in a french setting, italian setting, mexican setting etc. The amazing thing about her work is that she paints 8 hours a day six days a week. She sells in "tourist" areas in rather high end galleries. What is interesting is that she offers her works in two sizes and when you desire a painting you can order it by the number. She has designed her work in such a way that she will paint a certain scene by hand each time (therefore a one of a kind) but it replicates the image that the client sees at the gallery if they don't see an image they happen to like already on the wall. It is certainly an interesting concept and a way to manifest sales in a most interesting way. Is it for everyone, no, I don't think so. Is it viable. You bet, if she is to be believed and I have no doubt that she is believable she is in the 7 figure range on income each year. She has a good marketing machine behind her and her goal is create and SELL art.

Intriguing.

Jennio
02-03-2006, 12:12 PM
I actually prefer the 2nd one and can't wait for the end result. :)

Jenni

alfredart
02-03-2006, 02:07 PM
I remember this. Great piece and I'm following this one as well. Maybe I'll figure out this underpainting thing yet. Still have the one I need to do something with.

Peace,
AL

Leslie Pz
02-04-2006, 09:14 AM
This is coming out great and I am sure the difference between the two will only make them both equally as valuable.
-Les

Lady Carol
02-04-2006, 02:27 PM
The second one has a stronger composition. You have also honed your style better for it. She will get a winner, I am sure of that.

jeff m
02-04-2006, 03:23 PM
"I agreed but wanted to alter it slightly to keep it as original as possible, I feel I owe my first client that".

QUOTE Anita

I agree, don't compromise your values.
I'm sure this will be every bit as good as the first one in its own way. Possibly better.

Serenity
02-04-2006, 05:19 PM
I agree that it was a good idea to alter the second one slightly to keep the pieces unique. It's coming along beautifully, Anita, and yes, I think it definitely works! I will be watching this thread too as I enjoyed the first one so much. :clap: :clap: :clap:

mrs willow
02-05-2006, 04:55 AM
I agree that it was a good idea to alter the second one slightly to keep the pieces unique. It's coming along beautifully, Anita, and yes, I think it definitely works! I will be watching this thread too as I enjoyed the first one so much. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Me too Anita! Go girl! Watching with great interest and support.
Sandy

Nitsa
02-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanx Howard!
Loved reading about your friend, most interesting.
My client requested the commission while talking over the telephone so my decision time was limited, I have no regrets but am very pleased that I have altered the composition slightly. I guess, realistically, anything painted by an artists hand IS original, as this 2nd attempt shows...already looking unique to the first....I guess it comes down to what the individual artist is comfortable with....it certainly doesn't seem to have reflected any negativity from her cliental.

Tracey - Thankyou!
Yes I do paint these on chunky canvas, on this particular painting I continued the palette colours around the edges in matching values....although, I have painted a whole series of small rose paintings (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300270)where I carried the actual roses around the edges.

Dewi - After such kind comments I shall forgive you for missing the first one! ;) LOL! Thankyou! :)

Jenni - Me too!...So pleased you said that. I feel I can see improvements and that makes me very happy indeed, we plod along hoping that we are learning...improving....This is actually proving a very enlightening experience for me and I would reccommend re-painting an earlier image to anyone just to see what it brings.......Ooooh, now there's an idea for a project! :evil:

Al - Thanx for hopping on...feel free to grab a coffee!
If you need any help when you get around to your portrait colouring, give me a nod! ;)

Thanx Leslie!

Carol...Thankyou for your confidence....I too feel the composition is improved here.

Thanx Jeff....Wouldn't dream of compromising my values...I have to live with them! ;)

Serenity, thankyou! Glad you like the composition too, great to have you onboard a 2nd time!

Sandy....Thankyou! :)
Now that you are supporting me, could you just hitch me up a tad so I can be taller than Einion for a few moments? :evil:

Had family staying all weekend so painting time has been non existant...Plan to find some time tomorrow, my fingers are itching to move on.

gurleygirl
02-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Thank you for your reply. You are amazing!!
Tracey

Joannie
02-06-2006, 05:55 AM
Nitsa

Homed in on your second version this morning and I think the knowledge from the first is making this more spontaneous and I love the composition and colours being used - so subtle.

By the way, should I have put WIP in my title to show I was posting work as it progressed?(my funky floral portrait I mean) ?

Nitsa
02-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Awww, you're welcome Tracey!

Thanx Joannie!
It doesn't matter that you haven't put WIP in the title of your thread but it's always advisable as it reminds people to pop back from time to time during the process. ;)

Nitsa
02-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Aaaarghhhhh....I just want to paint!!! :mad:

Hectic schedule recently but managed to grab, literally, a few minutes before cooking dinner.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Feb-2006/18769-WIP3.JPG

Hope to paint tonight and have booked the morning for paint time. :D

mrs willow
02-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Aaaarghhhhh....I just want to paint!!! :mad:

Hectic schedule recently but managed to grab, literally, a few minutes before cooking dinner.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Feb-2006/18769-WIP3.JPG

Hope to paint tonight and have booked the morning for paint time. :D

I bet these are sentiments that we all feel at times! Aaah for the days when artists lived in garretts ...maybe they starved, BUT they could paint all day and night!!! On second thoughts........????
Sandy

Nitsa
02-08-2006, 06:48 AM
Sandy I choose starvation!....at least, for a while anyhow! LOL!

I have the morning at home, laundry coming out of my ears, paintings everywhere from an exhibition closure and James Blunt yelling out "Goodbye my lover" on my PC....

.....and despite all that I found time for a little more ;) :

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Feb-2006/18769-WIP4.JPG

I have an hour before my afternoon appointment and 3 more loads of laundry that I am looking to hide or burn! :evil: LOL!

Nitsa
02-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Picked this up again after lunch, think the underpainting on the first rose is complete now, although I will check my values when the whole underpainting is complete.
Popped the top rose in and plan to concentrate on the RHS rose next:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Feb-2006/18769-WIP5.JPG

Serenity
02-13-2006, 03:20 PM
OH, I hate too when all I want to do is paint but that thing called life keeps getting in the way. LOL

I'm lovin' how it's coming together, Anita! :clap: :clap: :clap:

jbitzel
02-13-2006, 04:48 PM
This brings up all kinds of ethical questions. However, I would feel as long as you were not getting ethiopians to crank out 100s of these a year, I would feel as though I was getting a good deal. Looks great so far....

Charlie's Mum
02-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Anita - it's looking delicious enough to eat ........ so forget about food! (Never mind the starving hordes!!!)

I'll add my pile of washing-waiting-to-be-ironed to yours and we'll hire someone to do it ...... now there's a thought :D

Nayana
02-13-2006, 07:11 PM
looks like its comeing allong beautifuly

Nitsa
02-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Thanx Serena! :)

Jbitzel - No ethiopians here, promise, just little ole me! ;) Thanx!

Oh Maureen, you should think more often...I love that idea! ;) LOL! Thankyou!

Thanx Nayana!

Well life was kind today and this evening I unexpectedly got some time...and felt in the mood....for this piece! :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Feb-2006/18769-WIP6.JPG

Here is the first at a similar stage:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Feb-2006/18769-InTheRed5.JPG

I am personally shocked at how much I learned from the first and how much it shows, IMO the second is looking much more refined, better values, darks, control of paint mix...etc....

...Do you agree?

Serenity
02-13-2006, 10:06 PM
It's looking so beautiful, Anita! There's definitely an improvement second time around. The latest one is so detailed with much more depth. I love the effect you're getting with just the underpainting alone!

TeAnne
02-13-2006, 11:33 PM
YOU are my hero. Simply beautiful. Mrk1 & Mrk2 and the 5x5s. I would kill to be able to blend acrylics like you do.
Bravo. :clap:

mrs willow
02-13-2006, 11:50 PM
Anita, I am at a loss for words! This is unbelievably beautiful....I love what you are doing here.:clap: :clap: :clap:
Sandy

Nitsa
02-14-2006, 06:33 AM
Awww thankyou Serena, TeAnne and Sandy :) ......pleased you agree with the improvement. I too feel it has much more depth this time around.

The first was painted in October, just 4 months ago, and I am delighted to have shown improvement in such a short time...it's what we all hope we are doing with each piece we paint and this commission has been very enlightening for me.

Joannie
02-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Oh Nitsa - its stunning. As I said last time I commented, you have learned so much. The colour, the tones, the composition and I simply love the shape of the centre of the left hand rose - so real I could bury my face in it and sniff deeply for I can FEEL THE PERFUME??!"!.

By the way, sorry about the large norfolk poppyfield image that keeps coming up - I thought I had reduced it enough. I'll have another go at adding smaller images in a row.

Nitsa
02-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Awww thanx Joannie! :D

By the way, sorry about the large norfolk poppyfield image that keeps coming up - I thought I had reduced it enough. I'll have another go at adding smaller images in a row.

LOL! You web hog you! :p

Here is where I got to today before my Niece arrived to stay :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Feb-2006/18769-WIP7.JPG

Gillette
02-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Anita
I am so enjoying watching this beauty growing,I also am so surprised how different my paintings are when I paint another 'similar', then I feel guilty for selling the first as it makes me feel perhaps I didn't do my best, I've always been hard on myself, and I prefer your attitude, which shows that we are always learning
Did you lay some roses on their side and work from that or is it out of your head?, I have to look at each petal, or else I'm lost in a maze. Your hectic life style also amazes me, yes, I too have been there, but didn't paint as well, fortunately my husband is also retired, and if I'm really 'on a roll' he can knock up some sustenance.
Thankyou for all the time you spend 'indulging' us on WC.
Jane

Nitsa
02-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Thankyou for your lovely words Jane, sorry it's taken me so long to reply.
I'm working from a beautiful reference in the RIL by ironhorse.
You shouldn't feel guilty, someone liked your paintings enough to pay for them, so to them....they were perfect! ;)
I am a terrible critic of my own work, which I believe makes me create the very best that I can... at the time!
If I am not happy, the painting doesn't leave me, therefore, my client does get the best I can possibly paint.
I hope to always improve, learn and strive towards a goal that I secretly hope I never reach. :rolleyes: LOL!

Managed to finally pick this one up again today...I've been daydreaming alot during my spare time recently about my new studio that will be built this year! :D Drawing plans, etc.....Sooo exciting....
Anyway, not had long on this, not much difference but felt I should update the thread incase you'd all thought I'd burnt it. ;) LOL!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Feb-2006/18769-WIP8.JPG

Thanx for looking and for your patience!

Nitsa
02-21-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm off to bed :rolleyes: ...leaving it here.....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Feb-2006/18769-WIP9.JPG

Night! ;)

valchina612
02-22-2006, 08:55 AM
This is coming along beautifully Anita. :clap: :clap:

Val. :wave:

Ladyehawk
02-22-2006, 10:10 AM
I think they are both very beautiful. I love roses. I have to agree with
whoever said they like the second one better. Thanks for sharing.

Charlie's Mum
02-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Just came back for another look-see :D

Lurrrverly satin roses :D:D - soft and very tactile!

Nitsa
02-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Thankyou Val & Ladyehawk! :)

Thanx for popping in again Maureen! ;)

I have now finished the underpainting stage and carried the colours around all four sides, touched a few highlights up but will sit it where I can see it for the rest of the evening incase anything else needs attention as it's almost impossible to correct things in the glazing stage....looking fwd to the reds!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2006/18769-WIP9a.JPG

3chaway9
02-23-2006, 06:17 AM
Fab.:clap: :clap: :clap: as per. Anita....i want to try out the underpainting method on one of your ref.pics.in the gallery....a red rose...can you tell me what colours your using just now? awaiting the final like everyone.:wave:

gurleygirl
02-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Wow Anita!! This is so gorgeous!!
Tracey

Nitsa
02-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Thankyou Caroline!

So pleased you like my rose photo be sure to link me up to the WIP/finish.
Colours I am using for the underpainting are:
Titanium white
Mars violet deep
Diox. purple....just enough to darken the mars violet for the darkest values. ;)

Good luck!

Thankyou Tracey! :)

Joannie
02-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Nitsa
I almost dont want you to do the overpainting in red as I love the subtlety of this one as it is..... but I know it will be even more stunning when you do. !!

Nitsa
02-25-2006, 10:08 AM
I do too Joannie!....but red it must be! :rolleyes:

I've being doing my "stare & Glare" stage with this for a while and have noticed an area I'm unsure of that may need a little attention....just a little mind! ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Feb-2006/18769-WIP9a-correction.JPG

It's the area marked in red....It seems off in tone to me, I feel the petal to the right should either be a little darker or that actual petal should have a softer graduation of light about halfway up....

...so I will check my light direction on my ref before grabbing the reds. Nothing else is glaring back at me yet which is a good sign! :thumbsup:

gaykir
02-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Nitsa, This is just wonderful! :clap: :clap: :clap: You are able to see the most incredible details and then you're able to translate it on to the canvas. I am always amazed by your skill.

Out of curiousity how long does your "Stare & Glare" period usually last? It is obvious to me that mine does not last nearly long enough! But then I do not have your skill or patience either. :crying:
Gayle

Dewi
02-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Hello Anita :wave: back many times and now couldn't stop to posting... fantastic :thumbsup: and you are very patience.

Nitsa
02-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Thankyou Gayle! :) ....My stare and glare stage differs from piece to piece, and doesn't usually last this long...With this piece I have taken longer because the glazing doesn't allow for fixes to easily and I have been working on other pieces during the break IE: different strokes angel, a monochromic watercolour portrait piece and adding some lettering to an existing piece that sold, varnishing etc...so other things have kept me busy.
I keep a print out next to the painting and a marker....each time I pass and see something I think needs looking at I mark it on the ref to remind me next time I pick up my brushes....which I hope will be this evening....fingers crossed! :thumbsup:
Client will be collecting this piece Mid-March, so I have had the time to doodle a bit! ;)

Thankyou Dewi! :)

Lady Carol
02-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Hey Anita: the lighter area below the circle seems unfinished to me. I am assuming that is going to be the brightest red and your eye will go there first. Is that what you want? Just a thought......

Nitsa
02-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Hiya Carol!
Yup, I think that's right, it's where the light is angled...hang on I'll show you....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Feb-2006/18769-2974redroses2-ironhorse-wc-bwlight.JPG

You see?...The petal that disturbs me is actually right against the ref but feels wrong to me...perhaps a little light around the mid petal area.....hmmm yup, that's it me thinx.

Nitsa
02-27-2006, 05:59 PM
I'll pop the painting here too, make it easier to compare tones....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Feb-2006/18769-WIP9a-correction.JPG

Nitsa
02-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Had a play with my petal and I'm happier now:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2006/18769-WIP9a-correction-fix.JPG

Started the glazes in the top & bottom left before dinner and hope to add some more tonight:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2006/18769-WIPGlazing1.JPG

3chaway9
02-28-2006, 06:32 PM
OOH! here comes my favourite part :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nitsa
03-01-2006, 07:40 AM
LOL!

Here's a little more:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Mar-2006/18769-DSCF3730.JPG

Leslie Pz
03-01-2006, 08:18 AM
This looks so good! Can't believe you are still adding more. It's so dramatic, now.

TeAnne
03-01-2006, 10:56 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh My mouth wont close. :clap:

gurleygirl
03-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Nitsa, I just think you need to come live at my house for a while and let me learn from a master. :D
Tracey

Charlie's Mum
03-01-2006, 11:35 AM
The clarity of those reds is mazing.
Just the one red glaze at present?

Jennio
03-01-2006, 11:40 AM
I'd do all your cooking, washing, ironing and housework for a whole week in exchange for watching you paint for an hour! :) lol :) erm...I'm not a very good cook ...

LadyDreamkiller
03-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Nitsa, this is stunning. Even the underpainting without any glazes over it is breathtaking, and definately conveys a certain emotional Feel of the textures and scents. I am soooo looking forward to seeing how the final turns out.

I can definately sympathize with the ethical self questioning of doing a second, simliar piece to something that you've already done and sold. I've been sort of cringing myself for the past few days over that very issue. I tried a mirror image of one of my earlier paintings (which someone has bought, much to my shock) and it turned out soooo much better IMO. And it was only 6 weeks between when I did the first version and the second! I think it's not just a matter of learning more.. it's also a matter of knowing where "mistakes" were made in the process of creating the first and therefore being able to avoid those mistakes. I've been tempted to either deliver the second piece (and tell him that the scan he saw was reversed lol) or simply to never let him know I did a similar piece to see how it turned out.

(btw.... while Jennio doesn't cook much according to herself.... I'm an amature gourmet... can I come watch too? She can do the cleaning, I'll do the cooking! LOL :evil: :lol: )

Jennio
03-01-2006, 01:09 PM
;) Lol Renee but do we half the ironing pile?:lol:

LadyDreamkiller
03-01-2006, 03:49 PM
;) Lol Renee but do we half the ironing pile?:lol: We either split it down the middle... or... we Delegate and send it to a cleaner! LMAO :lol:

Nitsa
03-03-2006, 06:00 AM
Thanx Leslie! :)

LOL...Thanx TeAnne! :)

Tracey I'm flattered :o ...Thankyou!

Maureen, thankyou....Some petals have a couple of glazes. I'm using 2 reds mainly: aliz crimson and quin red.....a little perm rose here and there too!

Jennio...You gotta' deal! :thumbsup: I notice you aren't far from me, I'm in Cambridgeshire so you may regret your words! LOL!

Renee, thankyou for your descriptive comments. :) I'm pleased you feel it has emotional content and arouses the senses. I feel fine with the composition change on this piece but I admit I would have felt uncomfortable producing a exact copy of the original. Perhaps offer your client a choice of the two paintings, there may be something he/she saw in the first that was personal to them that doesn't exist in the 2nd....sometimes what we like isn't what the client likes.
Amateur gourmet eh?....Then you are welcome anytime my dear! :D

Jennio & Renee...You'll be pleased to hear that I already have a cleaner :o , so you can just chill and paint....perhaps we'll take time out to watch Renee cook eh Jennio? ;) LOL!

LadyDreamkiller
03-03-2006, 10:59 AM
perhaps we'll take time out to watch Renee cook eh Jennio? ;) LOL! Hehe... if you're gonna watch, Nitsa, I hope you have a really BIG kitchen! (cause if it's cramped in the kitchen, I start running people out, or putting them to work as a sous chef!)

Nitsa
03-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Looks like I'll have to cook with you then Renee! :( LOL!

Not had much time at all again today I'm afraid, a friends leaving party. Managed a little more before I left though...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Mar-2006/18769-DSCF3766b.JPG

Bit blurry, sorry :rolleyes: , taken without a flash in false lighting at 2am :eek: Reds are a little less orange, more cherry...IRL.

gurleygirl
03-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Looking scrumptious!!!
Tracey

Serenity
03-04-2006, 04:23 AM
I agree.....it's positively scrumptious! Blurry, or not... :clap:

Nitsa
03-04-2006, 04:25 AM
Thankyou Tracey & Serena! :)

Joannie
03-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Oh Nitsa - I agree ITS BEYOND BELIEF AND MY MOUTH IS STILL GAPING TOO.
You have certainly developed a most stunning style and technique. Im lucky at the moment - no need for me to cadge Renee's and Jennio's offer of housework and cooking from you for a fee - just got back from Lauras and Clive is cooking dinner so I can get on with the third version of Lynx and babies in the barn!!!!! WELL DONE ITS REMARKABLE and the biggest lesson to all to see the stages as they progress.

Nitsa
03-06-2006, 04:08 AM
Thankyou Joannie!
Hope you enjoyed your meal and made a good start on the Owl commission - Looking fwd to spending some time together soon. :)
Company all weekend but hopefully time today to really set to work on this.

faymcivor
03-06-2006, 04:57 AM
looking great love the colour.Fay

Nitsa
03-06-2006, 05:13 AM
Thankyou Fay!

Whizzed along since last post :) , just allowing it to dry a while now before carrying on...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Mar-2006/18769-WIPGlazing4.JPG

Jennio
03-06-2006, 08:10 AM
"Ouch!!!!" (that's my jaw hitting the floor!) Am speechless now!!
It's totally fabbytastic. :)

Jenni

Nitsa
03-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Ooooh Jenni you poor thing! ;) Thankyou!
Had youngest at home today with a tummy ache, so we've been cuddled up watching movies. :rolleyes:

Nitsa
03-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Managed to get a little more done last night in the late hours...but can't seem to upload the pic...Anyone else experiencing probs today?

Nitsa
03-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Aha...It's working! :thumbsup:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Mar-2006/18769-WIPGlazing5.JPG

Hope to get this finished tonight. ;)

This has been an amazing painting for me, it sold once, sold twice and last night I also gained a 16x16" Red Rose commission from it. :D

Alachua Artist
03-08-2006, 01:26 PM
absolutely stunning... absolutely stunning... absolutely stunning... absolutely stunning... absolutely stunning... absolutely stunning...

idcrisis55
03-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Anita, this is gorgeous and am waiting in anticipation of the finish. Love those reds then that soft pink. I always thoroughly enjoy your WIP's. Congrats too on the new commission!

Ann

Nitsa
03-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Wendy....:o ......Thankyou! :)

Thankyou Ann, glad to hear you enjoy my WIP's! :)

Nitsa
03-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Think I'm done....Unless you see anything?
Used a monochrome ref the whole way through this one to try and get a different feel from the last.

Best I could do with the photo I'm afraid, reds are so awkward at times! :(

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Mar-2006/18769-WIPGlazing6.JPG

....Thanx for following along!

gurleygirl
03-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tracey

Nitsa
03-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Thankyou Tracey!

Dewi
03-09-2006, 11:29 AM
:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :heart: :heart:

Jennio
03-09-2006, 11:37 AM
In the words of Tina Turner..."You're Simply The Best!"
It's beautiful.

Jenni :)

Nitsa
03-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Oooh, thanx for all my smileys Dewi! :)

I'm flattered Jenni :o ...Thankyou! ;)

Just for interest a comparison between the first painting and the later one:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Mar-2006/18769-InTheRed-Final2.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Mar-2006/18769-WIPGlazing6.JPG

Gillette
03-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Anita,
both are so lovely, but the 2nd has the edge,for me, the tiny refinements, and on my pc the colours are more vibrant, but really one shouldn't even comment as individually they are both so very good.
When I turned to your finished picture, I nearly fell over backwards, I have a 17inch screen and your pic almost filled it with such a rush of superb colour!!! For interest how did you manage to download such a big one, are we not still restricted?
Jane.

Nitsa
03-10-2006, 03:30 AM
Thankyou Jane. :)
I have no idea how I uploaded such a good sized image, I used the attachment uploader (little yellow box with mountains in) as I usually do! :confused:

Charlie's Mum
03-10-2006, 07:21 AM
It's cos the pixel size is high! I'm amazed it wasn't zapped at WC end of the ether trail ;) If you right click on the image, go down to properties, you'll see its size.

It's invidious tp compare paintings - Jane's right, they're both lovely with individual qualities!
I love the clear reds you've made your own and the sense of source of light within the painting.
Nice work, so I hope it's going to a good home! :D

idcrisis55
03-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Maureen phrased it just perfectly "they're both lovely with individual qualities! I love the clear reds you've made your own and the sense of source of light within the painting." No doubt at all, your client will love it.

Ann

Nitsa
03-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Thankyou Maureen! :)
Isn't the uploader supposed to automatically re-size images that are too large? It usually does!

Thankyou Ann! :)

Lady Carol
03-10-2006, 10:41 AM
What a stunning finish. The second is better than the first (but the first is a winner too). Your client will love it, that is for certain. Having the flowers bigger has made it all the more dramatic.

What size is this again?

TeAnne
03-10-2006, 10:54 AM
I feel as though I could reach out and touch these. Well done Anita. :clap:

Nitsa
03-10-2006, 07:23 PM
I agree Carol, the composition on this one is much stronger and with such a small change too, amazing huh? Thanx for popping in with your lovely words...Are you back home now?

Thanx TeAnne! ;)

Serenity
03-12-2006, 05:50 AM
It's sooooooo beautiful, Anita!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Charlie's Mum
03-12-2006, 06:48 AM
Don't forget everyone, if you think this has been a good WIP thread, you can rate it as well as comment :D

Joannie
03-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Nitsa
Wow and wow a thousandfold. You have to charge double for this one. It would win any show it went into. When are you going to join the Society of Floral Painter??? or come to that the Botanical Society??? Hope to see it in the 'flesh' before you hand it to your client?? Meet up next week???? Ive started my second SPICE SERIES - with nutmeg colours and white orchids I have growing here in the artroom.

Nitsa
03-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Thankyou Serena! :)

Thanx Maureen! ;)

Joannie Thankyou! Deffo catch up this week, email me with available dates. I absolutely love the start of your orchids, why not post it here as WIP, I'm sure others here would love to see it progress as much as I would. ;)

Nitsa
03-13-2006, 06:16 AM
Oooh, thankyou to all those who rated this thread! :D

Leslie Pz
03-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Holy crow! Those close-ups on the prev. two pages are definitely excellent! Love the values, contrasts and again the comp!!!

Oh! I usually do the quick post and forget to rank (what a funny word...)! Thanks for reminding me!!!

Nitsa
03-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanx Leslie! :)

Lady Carol
03-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Are you back home now?

Unfortunately - yes!

Nitsa
03-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Being back is better than never having gone! ;)
Welcome home - You've been missed!

Lady Carol
03-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Being back is better than never having gone! ;)
This is so very true

Welcome home - You've been missed!
:thumbsup: Thanks Anita :D

Nitsa
03-18-2006, 08:00 AM
YW! ;)