PDA

View Full Version : Death of an innocence and us

rainyears
02-03-2006, 10:20 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-03-2006/7356_Death_of_an_innocence_and_us_small.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Death of an innocence and us
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 11x16 in
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
trying some conceptual drawing

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
what do u thing this is all about.? really like to see the explanations.

pampe
02-03-2006, 08:44 PM
It certainly feels ominous

I would like to see it less centered....more focused on one area ad the focal point

Dhuot
02-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Ahw man :rolleyes:, with concepts, I am not too good, but preffers aesthetic and linear qualitys, which this work has. :)

corfublue
02-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I am not so interested in what you paint,
as much as I do
how you paint (or draw).
I like the relationships that the objects have to one another.
The light areas leed me around.
Valerie

Lobster Alla Prima
02-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Although I seldom paint on the darkside I love to see them. This is great work, very interesting. Each year around Halloween there's some dark-themed art displays up in Salem Massachusetts and what you've done here is equal or better to what we see there. Maybe just make 'em a little bigger.

rainyears
02-05-2006, 04:39 AM
pampe thanks. i'll keep that in mind
Daniel thank u. glad u liked it
valerie cheers
Lobster Alla Prima thanks. littlte bigger hmmm hav to think abt that

angela
02-08-2006, 11:10 PM
This drawing is fascinating to me..Im very curious as to what it means..The title leads me to believe its about the death of something innocent and pure, perhaps a child...or a relationship..the figure is very interesting to me..it appears to be a woman, but im trying to figure out what the stick or branch means that is her spine...and the shapes above her...partly resemble a face and partyly fire or wings..its very intriguing...what does it all mean?

rainyears
02-09-2006, 02:24 PM
thanks angela sorry for being so late

Okay as for my explanation, the upper portion that’s a fallen angel now beheaded, blood flowing down. His sharp hook like hand and demon like wings and hint of corporate lifestyle in his neck tie like thing ( in the neck:) ). ….. Anyway the lower portion a woman in a dark background with dead trees and thorns sitting naked, an broken umbrella like thing embedded in her spine representing protection from the blood. Head is gone. Like there is no voice and she is like us in attempt to protect ourselves when great powers kill each other above and makes us collateral damage.
Right I sound too weird. :)

And come on art is so personal I mean not only to artists to everybody. Every body has his own interpretation of art and nobody is wrong.

Thanks

angela
02-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Thanks for explaining. I think its a very deep piece of work, and I like it very much. I dont think you sound weird at all..I have some very dark pieces that most people dont understand either...The beauty of art is that everybody can interpret it the way they want...everybody sees something different. Anyway, great piece.