PDA

View Full Version : Pouffette

corfublue
02-02-2006, 02:51 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/02-02-2006/58344_Clipboard01pouffwc.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Pouffette
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 66x36 tripteck
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This was a triptec i did because I missed having another one I did a while ago around the house.
To me it looks like one of those big white pillows that you sit on and they go "poooooof" .

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Trying to keep it simple,
the concept was to make the pears the most saturated, warmest part of the painting.
I kept the idea of cezane in mind while i was painting, that he was making his focals in colour but the rest of the paintings were almost black and white.
any comments and crits that I can apply to the next month of studio painting welcome...
can't make any changes though, it's out of my hands.
Valerie

Constellation
02-02-2006, 06:05 PM
Hi Blue..... I thought I'd talked about this earlier but I'll say it again! I like this very very much. I love that little surprise yellow flower and the way the background blends into the objects and I really love the color or your pears! I think this is a very nice painting.... Donna

dickieart
02-02-2006, 06:54 PM
I like your painting. It does look like puffy pillows but much better. I don't know about the intense colour of the pears. What happens if the blend is subtler one would take in the whole of the painting more. There is so much of the painting to appreciate but my eye goes directly to the pears,even if I try to look somewhere else.
A lovely piece for sure.
Thanks,

tazaharra
02-02-2006, 09:42 PM
The problem with triptych is the danger of having two side panels competing for attention instead of complimenting the central panel. The panel on the left fails to do that and spoils everything. The center panel is terrific and could stand on its own. Apply a new coat of gesso to those two side panels for future works and you have a great flower painting with what's left. Obviously Cezzane showed more sense by staying away from triptych

corfublue
02-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Here is the latest image, I didn't realize it was so bad.
Try this one.....although it may not make a difference.
thanks for the reviews,
Valerie

dickieart
02-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Yes this is a much better picture. I really love it. It has a feeling of fullness and the movement of the pears is much more evident. I am so glad you put this image up instead. Now I feel like I want to actually pick up a pear. Good Work.
Regards

Dhuot
02-03-2006, 12:21 AM
Nice composition for sure Valérie !!
The right hand side panel is very good
:)
These colors remind me of some older Gauguin

Corby
02-03-2006, 01:16 AM
The painting makes me hunger for the sweet scent of old fashioned roses.

dornberg
02-03-2006, 08:24 PM
i like the control of the color

corfublue
02-04-2006, 12:32 AM
I think the image on my website is the best one.
Anyhow, I am trying to controle my colour, I hope not too much.
I would like to try this concept with a red palette.
Thanks for the reviews,
Valerie

vargamari
02-04-2006, 08:46 AM
I like it very much, but I agree with Tazaharra: the middle pic has alone own power. I like the nostalgic atmosphere in it.

Best wishes,

2bhappy
02-04-2006, 10:20 AM
The roses seem to be stretching out to embrace the pears...Beautiful!:clap:
Blair

billo
02-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Wow...Hard to choose between the current version, which I like a lot, and the middle-panel-only, which would maybe force the viewer to mentally figure out the other two, possibly ending up being more intriguing.
In any case, very nice!

Nayana
02-04-2006, 02:02 PM
its lovely, very beautiful.

corfublue
02-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Hmmm, I suppose I should push the concept further in the futur with the triptecks. I though I could add a distortion to the painting by using the pannels......like a slightly different camera angle.
Normaly when these are hung, because they are museum canvas, I like them an inch or two appart from eachother. That might be the seller for those who aren't sold on the idea of the three pannels.
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the painting hung in a "normal" environment........lol.....not at my house:D .
I will keep that in mind this week when I start up another series, included is another triptec or two.
I am not very good at the picture taking either, which i realize is rather unfair to ask for critics with not so good quality. I will be more weary of that in the future.
Thanks everyone:wave: :wave: :wave:
It's always nice to post before I head back in the studio......
cheers,
Valerie

oh, I added the pic with the subject.....