PDA

View Full Version : Progress and set-up

Robert
02-02-2006, 12:45 PM
This is for the interiors project that Jamie started. It's 20x24 and so far it's been a fairly tight palette - cadmium red light, burnt sienna, alizarin, cobalt blue, ultramarine blue, ivory black, yellow ochre and cadmium yellow light. I also use a brilliant yellow, almost white, that Old Holland makes - and the regular white.

JamieWG
02-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Robert, you have such good side-lighting in your kitchen. Now I can see why you enjoy painting there so much! :D Thanks for showing your setup and progress. Please do upload it to the project too so that it will remain in the archives for the project, for those future generations that want to explore painting interiors! ;) (There's a link at the bottom of that page that shows all the reference images.) There may also be some involved in that project who don't browse the threads here and won't see it. After you load it into the project, if you click the "comment" button to comment on your own painting, it will bring a thumbnail pic and link into the project's discussion thread.

I like those strong contrasts...Looking forward to another update.

Jamie

LarrySeiler
02-02-2006, 07:14 PM
very cool Robert...you made something art that I wouldn't have bothered considering. Gee...I cook there, wife makes me clean up....what??? Paint it too??? hahahaa....

Katherine T
02-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Hi Robert - nice to meet you.

Are you going to do all the stuff stuck to the fridge? Or has the exercise of artistic licence come into play?

Robert
02-02-2006, 08:11 PM
This is fairly much finished. It's tempting to keep going. I could do all those things on the fridge but it might create too much of a diagonal from lower left to upper right - that's my excuse, anyway.

Maybe I'll do the bathroom next, I don't know.

Wyn Easton
02-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Hi Robert - When they said to paint the kitchen, I don't think this is what they had in mind. :) It looks really cool. I think your are right. All of the notes would detract. Maybe one or two for effect. Just a thought, it's neat the way it is. What fun.

rosebard
02-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Wow that is really cool. :)

Marc Hanson
02-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Great painting Robert! Or should we call you Hopper-t? :D

Your instinct for the nitty gritty in a subject really shines in this kind of work. Tanks.

Robert
02-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Wyn - lol, it's MY house ( well, the bank's really. I'm still amazed they gave me a loan) and I can do what I wanna do (as long as I keep paying the mortgage).

Rose thanks. It's literally cool until the wood stove (not in the picture) gets fired up.

Marc - thanks, I'm not as tall as Hopper was, either - that guy was enormous, well over six feet.

rain24
02-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Robert - this is a wonderful start! Which was does that kitchen window face? I was just wondering how you can keep the light consistent. Do you simply try to remember where all the lights and shadows initially were once that lovely beam of light moves?

~Rain :music: