PDA

View Full Version : Internet Art Galleries

Karen Mc
02-10-2002, 03:52 PM
I have been invited to show my work on an internet art site recently. I have a site of my own but am wondering if it is a good business decision to also be on another person's "e-gallery" type site. Does anyone have any experience with being represented on line? I would like to hear about anyone's experiences both good or bad to get more reference before plunging in. Thanks

Sumafra
02-10-2002, 07:52 PM
Well, it seems to me that if they're not asking for any money from you, then it's extra exposure and that can't hurt. If however, they want money, then it's a whole different ball game and I would be very careful if I were you. Most of these sites are just after your money, they'll let you post some pictures but do nothing to get traffic to their site and that won't do you any good but it will fatten their pockets. :crying:

Ron van den Boogaard
02-12-2002, 08:47 AM
I have work up in the galleries of Dart and AbsoluteArts (they're both free) and it does generate traffic to my site and I had a couple of emails with inquiries and did actually sell two paintings through them. So yes it does seem to work to an extend. Don't expect miracles.There are a lot out there that ask money, but I have seen no prove that they are easier to find or do promote your work more actively.

However, I could be wrong...

Ron van den Boogaard
on Dart (http://www.fine-art.com/members/21015)

Karen Mc
02-12-2002, 08:29 PM
Thank you both for your input. I will have to look into the fine print of the site and will likely post there if there is no charge. I am guessing that added exposure on a nice looking venue is always a plus