PDA

View Full Version : Tic-Tac-Flo

ColorMyWorld
02-01-2006, 10:44 PM
This was tough, all white or clear and reflective.

3x5" oil pastel on paper

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Feb-2006/48177-tic-tac-A.jpg

JamieWG
02-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Tough indeed, and REALLY tough to work OPs so small! Ann, I really like your color sense. I hope you keep posting here....I just know you're going to have me pulling out those oil pastels again soon if I see a few more!

Jamie

LarrySeiler
02-02-2006, 07:12 PM
seems like oil pastels would be a bit more difficult to handle, especially small formats...
nice effort here...transparency is a challenging thing to attempt

Katherine T
02-02-2006, 07:17 PM
How on earth do you cope with oil pastels at that sort of size - any tips?

ColorMyWorld
02-02-2006, 07:49 PM
How on earth do you cope with oil pastels at that sort of size - any tips?

Being insane helps....:D

Honestly, after I started working on it, I realized I had drawn everything a bit too small for all the great shadow patterns in the mints. The mints could only be defined by a very few small strokes. I built up quite a few layers on them in trying to get the bits of color to be in the right places.
I guess the biggest tip for working this small is simplifying what you see.

Thanks Larry. I think for my next mini I'll stay away from transparent or highly reflective. I need an easier one after this one.

Jamie,thanks for the encouragement.
You better beware of pulling that box of OPs out. You may never put them away again!

brianc
02-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Great job on such a difficult subject. Clearly hard. :D And with oil pastels, no less.

This might be a great topic for a future monthly challenge.

rain24
02-05-2006, 10:51 AM
This was a 3" X 5" in OPs??? My goodness Ann...talk about challenging yourself! *LOL* I think I'd get...oh...about 5 strokes in and then run out of paper ;).

Seriously though...great job!

~Rain :music: