GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Dry Places
Year Created: 2006
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24X36
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I dont like to talk to much about it, I'm more interested in what your perception is.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What works, what does not

vargamari
01-31-2006, 09:07 AM
Very dramatical, very well expressed. I like it very much! It could be one of my paintings, too. You surprised me! (look: www.vargamari.com)

Greetings,

Dantys
01-31-2006, 09:20 AM
Interesting and unusual. Might be too much detail on bottom of her feet, whereas the legs seem to fade in detail as they receed. Great sense of mystery, want to know what she is thinking and why she is there.

Zap
01-31-2006, 09:51 AM
This is full of drama and very expressive. I love this kind of work. For me art is like conversation. Make a statement or say nothing. This has made a strong statement. I love it.

Constellation
01-31-2006, 10:08 AM
Hi Joel.... This is such an interesting painting.... I'm intrigued by her fascination with a flower. Her face and upper body area are very well developed but the lower half of her body doesn't quite "compute". Maybe it's the quality of the photo but the upper legs seem too short or almost non-existant. The desert area and background tell a very interesting story and are so well done and the colors are great, especially her blouse and hands....
all in all.... I think it's a very nice painting and I too like art work that puts me there! Nice work.... Donna

Corby
01-31-2006, 01:46 PM
..."unless blood is poured out, no forgiveness takes place..."

Buho
01-31-2006, 02:35 PM
I think too the legs/hip need a little work, the details of her hands are fantastic. As far as the paintings expression, I think she is giving her life's blood for the flower to be nourished, she is giving all that she has so that beauty can continue to grow and flourish in a world void of compassion.

Dhuot
02-01-2006, 12:33 AM
The crop one is a gem
Beautiful :)
I get lost a little bit in the whole one , but you did a good thing to show us the crop.

She seems sereine (sp ? in french, we say " serein " )

:)

Joel2Army
02-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Dhuot~Thank you. I do see what you mean there is alot there. Love your work so I was excited to see you respond to mine:)

Buho~I will look further at the legs and hips, I normally hang my new work in the livingroom for a month or so, to stare obssesively at it to see how I could improve. Nice interpetation, not exactly what I was thinking but that is the beauty of art it becomes the veiwers.

CorvusKorax~Your onto something there......

Constellation~Thank you very much. I know the photo quality stinks and Im loosing alot there.

Zap~ Your PM made my day:D Thank you again

Dantys~Thank you. Hmm Gotta take a look at the leg/feet part of the painting

vargamari~I like your work very nice and I do see some common themes there. Thanks