GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Tangled Wire
Year Created: 1997
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18x24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is from several years ago...one of my first oil paintings :)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
The water looks overly blue and the grass in the foreground looks off as well...just for future reference is there anything else that could have been improved on?

jcwales
01-31-2006, 08:00 AM
looks pretty real to me....
awsome

Constellation
01-31-2006, 10:12 AM
This is beautiful! The grass and water didn't bother me but the hard edges on the bacground trees did..... I think I'd try to keep them softer in the future and possibly blend in with the sky a little. I've NEVER seen a more convincing post!!!! and I'd love to drop a line into that water! Very nice! Donna

Jettboy
01-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Beautiful work! Makes me think of the central Texas hill country. Now you've done it; you went and made me all homesick...

Corby
01-31-2006, 01:39 PM
My initial reaction was: What a beautiful scene! But that post is in the way." But when the painting is changed from a horizontal composition to a vertical: WoW! What an amazing fence post! And how deftly all those wires that would usually lead the eye out, have been stopped from doing so! The vertical composition is beautiful, a complete statement in itself.

Spyderbabe
01-31-2006, 05:21 PM
............Another reason I like the cropped version is the water was distracting to me. The river seems to be angled higher on the far shore and the light values on the rock compete with the post. The softness of the grass is a nice counterpoint to the post.

Dana Design
01-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Nothing wrong with this! It's beautiful and believable. The cropped version has that post dead center so I do like the full version.

Zap
01-31-2006, 10:25 PM
I would prefer to see the image cropped as well.....but not so that the post is dead centre.....just a little left of centre. The grass in the foreground looks ok to me. This is very well done.