PDA

View Full Version : got new easel and new pastels

Kristrotter
01-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Well, I received my brand new Best University Easel and the set of GA's (Doug Dawson wkshop) last week. I took pictures, but can't seem to get them up yet. I am needing some assistance from my husband with resizing the pics.

Anyway, I have given both items a try and absolutely love them. The easel is very sturdy and tilts forward and adjusts easily. I taped my paper to foam board and the board fits nicely into the grooves of the shelves on the easel. The GA's are buttery soft, but do not crumble and I found the colors to be absolutely gorgeous! I highly recommend both to anyone thinking about a new easel or new pastels!

I will try to get some pics up soon!:wave:

Bringer
01-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Hi Kristie,

Congratulations,

meanwhile send me the other pastels that you don't want :-)

Regards,

Josť

dlake
01-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Kristie, congratulations. I got my GAs florals last week. I so love the Great americans. They are so wonderful.. You are going to have so much fun. I cannot wait to see the pictures and droll.
Your easel sounds fabulous. Hours of fun and wonder. Wish best easel did you get?? I am seriously looking at this Anderson Swivle Easel. Looks so perfect. I am so jealous. You must be so happy and excited.
Oh, see if you can get paint for your pictures. If you can let me know and I can tell you how to navigate it to get your pics on and sized.
diane
ps - what kind of computer do you have? If you have windows xp my son could help you.

Kristrotter
01-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Jose, I'm afraid I can't bring myself to part with any of my little jewels of color!
Diane, I know the last time I posted a pic, WC had it set up to resize the photo for you, but it wouldn't do it for me this time. I am so NOT a computer person! I don't have Photoshop or anything. My husband is superbusy, so I hate to bother him with it, but I know he won't mind helping me.
The easel I bought is the Best University Easel that both Howard Metzenberg with DickBlick and Marsha Savage recommended in this thread: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316726
I didn't want to spend quite this much money on an easel, but the more I researched and thought about it...I knew I wanted something that would last me for a very long time. It is well worth the cost in my opinion. It holds very large canvases if I need it to, and the range of tilt and adjustment is perfect for the pastelist. Here is the link to dickblick.com if you want to check it out: http://www.dickblick.com/zz515/05/
Thank you Diane for offering help with the pics, I may have to take you up on it soon.

dlake
01-30-2006, 11:51 PM
go ahead. I had problems with resizing then Eric, my son, set up Paint for me and now I can resize and everything as easy as pie. I am not technical in the least. He figures so much out it's scary. So, yell if you need me.
d
Oh, that easel is gorgeous. It looks like it's worth every penny. Wonderful. My easel that I'm eyeing is at Jerry's that I know of. have to check if Dick Blick has it.

eam71
01-31-2006, 03:32 AM
Wow! New easel and new pastels - I'm so thrilled for you:clap: and so jealous! Can't wait for you to post pictures of them so that I can live vicariously through you :D as the softest pastels that I can get from shops here are WN's and Rowneys (international shipping costs are rather prohibitive for me to order my dream pastels online :crying: ).